CameronHodgson

Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya

24 JUN
2012

An incredible ending to an otherwise brilliant anime. I struggled with the strange release date of the episodes and not knowing about the right order or re-release, I thought I would never finish the anime. This movie was breathtaking in both the animation, and plot. It takes the themes present in the anime and enhances them ten-fold. You have time-traveling, school-life, mystery, romance, drama and the very fabric of the universe being threatened. This movie could not have been a more satisfying end to an excellent story. This engaging movie can be set apart as a thrilling tale, with, or without the anime it follows. Of course as it stands, it is the bow on a perfectly wrapped gift.

Other Anime Reviews by CameronHodgson

Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya user review by CameronHodgson

Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya

• Characters N/A

comments

default avatar CameronHodgson
Jun 2, 2013

I'm not exactly alone in my rating. If you check other reviews on here you'll find ones with exact and similar ratings. I appreciate that everyone has their own opinions but calling me a 'retard' and claiming to show me respect is completely uncalled for and entirely disrespectful. If you want to voice your opinion you're more than free to write your own review and hopefully give some reasons.

pungis avatar pungis
May 26, 2013

with all the respsect, you must be retarded to rate this movie 10/10

kio3459 avatar kio3459
Jun 28, 2012

couldnt have said any better myself.. But im hearing about another new series/season.  I felt the same way about the first 2 seasons but the movie.. just.. wow.. It didnt even feel like 3hrs.  I bought it right away on Blu Ray.  You're exactly right.. the movie enhanced what was already good about the show.  Other movies that i have seen usually offer nothing but alternate/spinoff, which isnt bad but the Vanishment/the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya is f'n brilliant on every level.  I've already rewatched it like 5 times.  The scene where Kyon talks to himself is the most brillant climax EVER.. the song/score is beautiful in that scene as well.