Bronia

Murder Princess

24 OCT
2011

Story: This was an early anime I watched. To be quite honest, the story was solid, however the way it was told would've been vastly improved if there'd been more than 6 episodes. After the finale, I found myself thinking how abrupt it was and how much I wanted to see what happened after, or perhaps a bit more meat in between the beginning and end.

The good thing about it being so short was that there was no filler and the story was anything but slow paced.

Animation: I am no judge of good or bad animation. The movements were smooth and the character designs were memorable (in a good way.) My only problem was that there were moments when blood seemed like it was coming out of a firehose instead of a person.

Sound: The OP was awesome! The ED wasn't memorable. The voice acting I can only judge the dub, but all the actors were great for their roles.

Characters: More could've gone into them. I wish we'd had more time to hear about Falis's childhood or Cecilia's reason for being a Big Bad (although some might argue that was explained fine) They were good characters, however, who all served their purposes to the story well.

Overall: Murder Princess is one of favourite animes, no real reason why. Of course I will always feel that they could've told a bigger story even though the manga doesn't tell a bigger story. Being only 6 episodes it's worth watching for anyone who likes action, but romance is only ever hinted at so hardcore romance fans may want to pass on it.

Other Anime Reviews by Bronia