BoneFingers's avatar

• Sweden
  • Joined Apr 11, 2010

Clannad After Story

Nov 18, 2010

First I would like to point out that it has been a while since I watched this anime so I don't remember it perfectly.

• Story

The story of Clannad after story is probably the best romance story I have ever seen (if not just the best). It rips your heart out and plays with it like a toy, but it's okay, you will like it. The way it brings focus to, almost, ordinary things in life with just a little twist and still manages to nail you to your seat. I most be said, even though it goes against me to say it, I cried straight through atleast 3 episode. The sad yet happy moments never stops to amaze me. Now to the most important good bad things about the story.

+ Amazing depth and emotional development.

+ How they make you hate the anime so much you just can't stop watching it.

- The kinda sudden suprise in the ending, a good suprise, but a little too sudden.

Clannad family

The animation of Clannad after story is the kind of animation I like the most so personaly I would give it 10/10 but I watched it through streaming on the internet (shame on me) so I can't be sure of just how good it is. Even so, I think the way they create good looking characters without overdoing it all or making them too "unique" is very refreshing.

+ They say one image says more than a thousand words, Clannad after story makes it a million

- What can I say, I don't know

• Sound

This is were my review will fall, I simply do not remember to well, but I will watch this anime again soon and make a proper judgement of it.

• Characters

This is one of the best character developing animes ever. Unless my memory fails me completly that is. I remember crying over anything while watching this anime, as well as laughting like I was really there with them, they make the characters so real it feels like you've known them your entire life. I don't know any better way to put it. If you like character depth, then Clannad and Clannad after story will not let you down.

+ The design

+ The feelings you get for each and every one of the characters is just amazing

- Hello, I rated this 10/10 remember?

• Overall

Overall this is one of my top 3 animes. If you are to lazy to live life, you can let Clannad live it for you over and over again and never be dissapointed. The only bad thing is that it ends with such a suprising twist. I liked it myself but it was just a little wierd. I heard the visual novel explains it better though, and I have looked it up myself. But this anime still rocks my ass of!

9.8/10 story