Azami's avatar

• Joined Jun 28, 2010
  • ? / M

High School Debut

Sep 18, 2010

Overall, I thought it was pretty sweet. I had my fan-girl moment at the end, but at the same time, I wasn't satisfied. It felt like a cliffhanger at the end, I minded and at the same time I didn't. It was a light romance manga, which I appreciated. There are a lot of good reviews on this manga online, but there are a few bad ones. Haruna was ditsy at moments which she shouldn't be at times, but I really loved her. In many ways, Haruna is unique. She was very outspoken about things and voiced her opinion many times. This manga made me smile and sometimes groan at certain times, but you could tell Haruna was head over heels with Yoh. I had a few problems with Yoh in the beginning, because in the first few volumes of the manga, it seemed like Yoh loved her, but not NEAR as much as Haruna loved him, he gradually made progress with her until the end. It's  unoriginal as many say, but it's really the characters that make it unique (I  liked how Yoh was pretty shy and embarrassed about his feelings and covered it up but still managed to make it cute). Although only the main characters got any real development, I actually liked Mami and Asaoka alot than I thought I would.

The story, as I said, was in many ways very original, but the fact is still there. Haruna. If Haruna had not been what she's been in the manga, I'd actually stop reading despite my reading compulsive disorder. I absolutely hate girls in manga like that (the weepy, weak-willed ones), which is probably the reason why I liked Haruna so much despite how dense she was.

The art was beautiful, BUT, as much as I liked it, like Szwagier said, the lines under the male's eyes really bothered me. It made them look tired and I was EXTREMELY glad that when Yoh smiled there weren't any lines. I really liked how the mangaka captured Yoh's expression when he laughed or genuinely SMILED, because you could tell he was really happy. :))

Overall, 8.6 :)

[color=#000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10px][/color]

7.9/10 story