Avrgeboy123

Dragon Crisis!

6 JUN
2012

I'm not going to do a summary of everything because you can find that elsewhere. If you watched the series this first part is for you. if you are interested in this series skip to the second paragraph.

For those that watched it, I thought this series should have been at least 24 eps long and allowed for a more detailed storyline to develop, a richer background to provide the viewer with more details, and more time to allow for character growth that goes beyond the first layer or so of a character. Most of the sub characters and even some main ones had a few minutes to only two episodes of character development and backstory. I also thought some of the plot developments were unnecessary and distracted from the central story especially with only twelve episodes to tell the story. If they were going to introduce Ai and Margura then they should've taken more than a couple episodes to rush their stories. Also, some minor characters like Misaki and Bianca had a couple of moments for development (Bianca's connecting to Ryuji's father and Misaki's initial meeting with Ryuji) and they were merely glanced over. I believe the writers were going for the normal- girl- crush- surrounded -by extraordinary- girl- love- rivals approach and failed. Simply put, there wasn't enough time to become fully engaged with the characters and not enough story to make it worth the while for the viewer as well as for the characters to blossom into rich characters filled with emotion, determination, and maturity.

For those interested in watching this, it is a quick watch and full of light and fluffy romance. There's nothing wrong with that but for me personally, I'd like a little more conviction. Maybe fluffy isn't the right word but something was lacking. I practically watched it in one sitting and some of the characters aren't too bad.

All though, this gets me every time, but how is it that in every harem (or most) that the guy is oblivious to the fact that all the ladies have the hots for him?!?! Is that just dramatic irony as we the audience can see this from a third party perspective? This to me is just one of the things that makes a harem anime unrealistic to me (apart from the fact that this is a fantasy  anime lol).

Well that's my two cents. I don't often write reviews but when something irks me I get the urge to write/rant about it so most of my reviews are generally negative. Maybe I'll write a positive one next time if y'all liked this one. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading!!!