Aohana's avatar

• Michigan, US
  • Joined Aug 16, 2013

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Aug 16, 2013

Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama! is now probably in my top twenty favorite anime. I watched it recently for the first time because I was looking for an anime similar to Vampire Knight. This romance/drama/bishounen/shoujo will have you falling for Usui if you're a hopeless romantic like me.

This anime is great quality as far as the animation goes. The story is pretty good too. The story doesn't exactly follow one strict path other than the beginning and end because each episode seems to be a new circumstance whereas an anime like Naruto will pick up where it left off.

Kaichou will have you thinking a few steps ahead of it, trying to predict reasonings or what will happen next. I myself found myself falling in love with Usui every time he goes to help/rescue Misaki.

The anime is unique because of the main factor, Maid Latte, which is a Maid Cafe (Which I personally wish we had here because that would be so cute.) Usui always seems to tease Misaki but if you really step back and watch you start to think maybe he's just watching over her.

I couldn't help myself but rooting inside my head for them to hug or kiss or something! And the whole anime itself was great because you even learn some life lessons in it as well. I was a little disappointed that nothing really happened until the end but I just love seeing those lovey-dovey kissing/romance scenes where they're all sweet to each other.

I would have to say if you're into romance and comedy anime then you should watch this, especially if you're finding yourself bored. I really enjoyed this anime and I found myself snickering and laughing a lot which can be really refreshing at times.

So all in all, I give this anime a 9.5. It would be a 10 if they had shown the relationship of Misaki and Usui after the festival but that's just because, again, I love watching the lovey-dovey sweet couple thing.

Halfbloodprincess18 says...

I loved vampire knight as well and I really liked this anime. Any other recommendations like these two or in the romance/drama/bishounen/shoujo genre?

Oct 22, 2013