AngelBeatsYui's avatar

• England
  • Joined Feb 25, 2013

Noragami

Apr 25, 2014

Warning this review may contain spoilers-

Ok so now another one of my reviews for all of you to enjoy, hopefully! This time it is the Winter 2014 anime 'Noragami'. This action filled fantasy anime is quite recent (at the time I wrote this review). Now lets get started, first off the story is very detailed and cleverly put together however even in the best anime there are problems. First problem is that they left quite a few things open, there are many unanswered questions which hopefully if they make another series they would answer. The other thing is that they left the ending open, at this point I am not sure if they are going to make a second series or not however if they just leave it like that there will be many disappointed fans (including me).

The animation was just about perfect and I haven't got anything to complain about here. Also the opening animation really fit the theme of the anime and went well with the song. The music all matched up with the genres. However the ED music didn't captivate me as much as I expected. The insert songs played at the right moments...so there wasn't really much to complain about at all.

The characters were really undeveloped and again there were many unanswered questions which is really annoying being just about all the anime was amazing. I also liked how the characters personalities ranged and how they all grow along with the series. Overall this anime was near perfect however this anime had small problems. If you like a fantasy/action anime you should like Noragami!

~AngelBeatsYui~

markofcold says...

This was one of my favorites too! I always imagined this song (my second most favorites song EVER) being sung to Yukine as he tries to get to sleep in pitch blackness as he is afraid of the dark and his memories of phantoms and those weird eye thingys weigh him down and lead him astray to bite yato ect. Well that's how I always perceived this song.

Fear not this nightYou will not go astrayThough shadows fallStill the stars find their wayAwaken from a quiet sleepHear the whispering of the windAwaken as the silence growsIn the solitude of the nightDarkness spreads through all the landAnd your weary eyes open silentlySunsets have forsaken allThe most far off horizonsNightmares come when shadows growEyes close and heartbeats slowFear not this nightYou will not go astrayThough shadows fallStill the stars find their wayAnd you can always be strongLift your voice with the first light of dawnDawn's just a heartbeat awayHope's just a sunrise awayDistant sounds of melodiesDarting through the night to your heartAuroras, mists, and echoes danceIn the solitude of our lifePleading, sighing ariasGently grieving in captive miseryDarkness sings a forlorn songYet our hope can still rise upNightmares come when shadows roamLift your voice, lift your hopeFear not this nightYou will not go astrayThough shadows fallStill the stars find their wayAnd though the night sky's filled with blacknessFear not, rise up, call out and take my handFear not this nightYou will not go astrayThough shadows fall(Still the stars find their way)Fear not this nightYou will not go astrayThough shadows fall(Still the stars find their way)And you can always be strongLift your voice with the first light of dawnDawn's just a heartbeat awayHope's just a sunrise away

Apr 25, 2014