AmeKage's avatar

• Joined Mar 9, 2010
  • ? / ?

Zombie-Loan

Mar 14, 2010

This is an awesome manga! This is my all-time favorite. I love it because it's so unique. It has a lot of elements that appear generic, but totally catch you by surprise. Lately, it seems that there are a lot of very predictable manga. You see two guy characters and a girl character that are forced together by fate, and the first thing you think is "reverse harem", or that there's going to be a love triangle. In this manga, it's different. Someone's undead, shouldn't they angst about it? There are bishounen, so isn't there fanservice? Weak-willed female character, doesn't she stay that way until the end?

This manga doesn't listen to stereotypes. It DESTROYS them.

That's over-all. As for the story, art and characters:

I like the story. Very much. The twists in it are nothing less than epic. And I like how it's episodic, yet there's an underlying plot, and all the different episodes give little hints to that plot. This isn't exactly rare, but there are some manga that are completely episodic, or move very slowly. That drives me crazy. Some people enjoy this, but not me. I'm giving an opinionated review, I know.

The art is quite nice. It's not too detailed, and not too simple. I appreciate the use of negative space, and also how the backgrounds are done. Something that's endearing is that rather than using chibi-style for humorous or awkward moments, it uses a simple, sketch-like style instead.

The characters are amazing. They feel more real than a lot of manga characters. They aren't "flat", so to speak. they have a lot of depth, and surprise you the way real people do, by doing out-of-character, yet believable things. Love them. Love.

Ahem. Anyway, you should read this. You will not regret it.