Allairis's avatar

Allairis

• The Johto Region
  • Joined Mar 10, 2013

It's time to duel! IT IS NO LONGER TIME TO DUEL! IT IS TIME TO DIE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Story:

Like everyone who got out of Pokemon got right into Yu-Gi-Oh! it was new it was weird it was awesome, it had dragons and spellcasters but in anime style! Dark Magician is my all time favorite card along with pretty much any Spellcaster, High Priestess of Prophecy is my current queen of my strongest deck the Prophecy/Spellbook spellcasters.

So yeah Yu-Gi-Oh! was a big BIG part of my childhood similar to Pokemon, both still are so when I heard a movie was coming out for 10th anniversary I was happy that they took note of that and had all three main characters in the film, I had even stopped hating Jaden at the time so I was happy to see all three in the film

What I like:

Well Yusei and Yugi and Jaden were together on screen, and Jack and Akiza (mother god of another dark redhead hottie) and Crow (this guy is just down right awesome for a Yu-Gi-Oh! character, he spins circles around Joey Wheeler as a sidekick) got to show up for a bit

Yusei is also the coolest Main Protagonist out of Yugi and Jaden, why? Yusei doesn't have some sort ancient power to turn him into the pharaoh and isn't a carefree kid at school like Jaden was (Jaden gets cooler but for a majority of the show he is plain) Yusei right out of the gates is a tough, quiet stoic character who wants to ensure his friends and family are ok and he even sees the good in Akiza (Aki for you japanese fans) and ok back to the movie

Yusei has to track down the fiend who stole his card and that means he has to travel back in time to meet the other protagonists as well,Yusei doesn't question how he time travels he jsut does it! When he meets Jaden and Yugi he just wants to get the mission done and get back to his already understanding the importance of this mission and not wanting to screw anything up.

I also liked that the villain Paradox was actually part of the series of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds as well and not just a throw away character, he actually is in the series!

Oh and Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl get to show (one of the few blonde hotties is a spellcaster! Oh I know she is an anime character but that doesn't her artwork isn't nice and the girls who cosplay her look nice as well!)

What I dislike

Well this part might be a bit too much for anyone who doesn't play Yu-Gi-Oh! as of 2011
because when Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds was coming to a close, they introduced a new type of card in the game called an XYZ monster that would play a huge role in the next Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal series and I think some kind of XYZ monster should have shown up in this series as a way to hype the next series and pass the torch by having the original characters defeat one. Idon't know maybe that might be a bad way to go about it, but Paradox did say he was from the future and if he was I seriously think he should have owned a futuristic card like XYZ, this however is a nitpick on my part as a Yu-Gi-Oh! duelist, I still play the card game with my brothers and so I keep up on the game.

The plot was kind of cluttered I think, the story seemed to say here is one scene ok now let's move to the next one, but it wasn't that bad IMO

I don't hate it as much as other people do, but that's becuase I still play the game and one of my brothers is a huge fan of the show still so I tend to get carried along for the ride watching the shows.

Little Kuriboh:

Well he certainly left his mark on Yu-Gi-Oh! there is no doubt about that, whether people hate that or not is up to them, I personally stopped watching as soon he seemed to move to the US, because he is more about doing charities and what not now. I still enjoy watching his Abridges series too don't get me wrong I am just worn out on it haha. Also if it weren't for LK I probably would have given up on the series and maybe even the card game, he helped keep me interested in the series much to the dismay of my one brother who hates Little Kuriboh haha.

ALL in ALL

I have my reasons why I like this movie more than others, all of it sentimental, the same feelings arrive for Pokemon, I grew up with these and I don't know if I'll ever stop

Hope you had a good read about Yu-Gi-Oh Bonds Beyond Time my review