Allairis's avatar

• The Johto Region
  • Joined Mar 10, 2013

Naruto

Mar 18, 2013

this almost became as big as Pokemon, right? (they have video games, a tv show and manga and it's first movie was shown in select theaters yeah but does naruto have Bill Cosby make jokes about them? I'm not sure but I know that Pokemon does)

So here is what my opinion of it was when I was 17 years old and I had just heard about it "Ninjas? Fighting each other? BAD a**! Yeah! I'm going to watch this" (If only i knew what it'd lead into)

I was really into this series, seriously I made my own fan fic taking place in the same universe at the same time,I wanted to turn it into an anime I was that big of a fan.... this is an anime review site so I'm not sure if that statement is out of place or not because I don't know how big of anime fans other people are.

The Story: it was cool for the time, it was different, it didn't have a character another time trying to fit in (Inyasha's Kagome) and I haven't ever really watched anime at the time so this was different to keep me tuning in.

The characters: Neji? Ino? Shikamaru? basically the kids from the chuunin exam test are what kept me coming back as well

The music: as soon as my buddy downloaded the japanese version of the show I realized how much cooler the openings were, in english we were treated to same opening for like two seasons and it almost made me hate the show.

also Neji, Ino, Gaara, Might Guy and Zabuza sound cooler in english, Kakashi would make this list too but he doesn't say "yo" in the english dubs like his Japanese counterpart haha