Alistoru's avatar

Alistoru

• Hell - 3rd layer
  • Joined Aug 25, 2010
  • ? / M

A very relaxed, peaceful anime, nothing really too serious, or anything that indicates some sort of plot, but it never attempts to make one.

It's basically a show about a wandering samurai women of unknown origin, and a wandering female martial artist whom she befriends (mainly cause she can pay for her booze) and the adventures they have together. Each episode is really stand alone, and doesn't include any real explanation of anything about the two. So if your looking for a deep background story for our vagrant duo, don't hold your breath.

Normally I wouldn't even watch something like this for more than two episodes, but somehow I really enjoyed watching this. Not even close to a 10/10 but for a short anime that really isn't about anything it was surprisingly well done. A bit dated perhaps, and no story at all, but really quite a nice watch on a sleepy afternoon.

4.5/10 overall

Canute says...

I must also point out that part of the reason it's fun to watch is how well the fights are choreographed.  One practically sees the fights blow by blow, and--unlike most shows--they have a great amount of realism to them.  I also thought that the characters had most amusing personalities: the talent of the voice actors really made them stand out.

So this show will please you as long as you're looking for good action, likeable characters, or unique, episodic tales.  But if you want a series with an overarching plot, you're bound to be disappointed.

Sep 21, 2011
coffeebreath says...

I'm not sure you understand the concept of the slice-of-life genre. No plot or character development pretty much come with the territory. I think in that respect you scored far too low. With slice-of-life it's about the set-up, dialogue, and scenarios - I really think Carried by the Wind excelled in those areas. It's a totally unique anime that is a lot of fun to watch. That's why you "somehow really enjoyed watching this" even though you were probably expecting something completely different.

Jun 14, 2011