Al9826

Sword Art Online

11 MAY
2013

Sword Art Online reminded me of .Hack// in so many ways. A VRMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Game) Sword Art Online hit the scence and instantly becomes popular. While in the game on opening day, people discover that they do not have the ability to log out. The creator of the world tells the populace that they can only log out once they finish all 100 floors of the tower (with a boss on each floor) and that if you die in game you die in real life. The game, the story, the struggle, and the characters then become very real.

The first half of this anime is awesome, just absolutely amazing. I am a fan of MMO's myself and found myself loving this concept and wishing it were a real thing (minus the game of life and death of course). There are many characters throughout this anime, PVPers who kill other players, people trying to live a normal life in-game, people trying to beat it, and every character feels quite real, and many moments hit home.

In the world of Sword Art Online,  I would say that this anime had reached it's best point. There was action, an amazing world that you couldn't get enough of, romance elements, and every emotion on the scale.

In the second half of the anime an new world is introduced, new characters, a new villain, and new hardships. The feeling you get from the second half of the anime falls short of the first one, after that first half you have such an expectation for the anime that kind of leads to self conflict about how to feel about the next part. In my case it only caused me to rate it from a 10 to a 9.5, it may be more significant to others.

Irregardless I highly recommend this anime, it has a wonderful story, great characters, and many memorable moments that anyone can enjoy. Many people were disappointed with the ending, but in reality it felt right and sat well with me. I have no complaints about it.

As for the world in which this anime takes place, there may be more to come for the characters and their stories, or there may not be. I hope that people enjoy this anime as I did and take the time to watch it.

Thanks for reading.