Akiral's avatar

Akiral

• Joined Sep 29, 2013

Angel Beats!

Oct 21, 2013

So Angel Beats! was a great anime I throughly enjoyed watching it because of the way that it kept you involved in the story and never felt like it wasn't moving. As a side note it is one of the very few things that have grabbed my emotions enough that even a MANLY man like myself came close to tears. (Ok maybe I'm not very manly but I can claim it).

The Story was very well put together with an interesting mix of comedy, action, music and drama. It did a very good job of explaining itself and what was actually happening through out the story. However avoiding spoilers there was a development that left a question unanswered and the ending while exceedingly good didnt leave much room for a second season but left you wanting to know what was going to happen next.

I found the animation technique very appealing though the sounds in it seemed just a little bit off and it was difficult to take seriously at times.

Character development was very good in some cases and lacking in others. Some characters had you on the verge of tears as they explained how they lived and died while other characters felt like they werent actually needed because they had little to no development, there were some unexploited opportunities that could have made this anime even better.

Overall I gave this anime an 8/10. It was a great anime but I strongly feel that they should have gone for 2 seasons instead of 1 and gone deeper into the lives of more of the characters.