Airotia's avatar

• USA
  • Joined Oct 7, 2010

Je t'aime

Jan 31, 2012

It's a twelve minute... movie, I guess, so I'm not going to bother writing a full review rating everything like I usually do.

A dog is plagued by memories of people who are long dead... in fact, mysteriously, every person ever is dead. The dog is the only living thing left on the planet, and just wants someone to throw a ball.

The anime relies on visuals and flashbacks into the dogs memories (not important things like how the world got that way, but memories of a ball in a meadow). The background music is touching and the sound effects are great, but there are no voice actors to speak of. It's an anime strictly without vocals.

And for the twelve minutes it runs, the lack of vocals carries. There is no point in having them, after all.

The animation is really amazingly pretty for the short period of time, and the story is relatively poignant, when you consider that it's only twelve minutes long, and two mnutes of that is credits.

It's a pretty cute short; if you want to see it for youself, it's readily available on youtube. I'm not sure that there is any other place to watch it, truth be told.

5.9/10 overall