Airotia's avatar

• USA
  • Joined Oct 7, 2010

Black Rock Shooter TV

Sep 28, 2013

Spoilers ahead. Jus' sayin'.

Story: Story-wise, the anime follows two seperate worlds that each have an emotional tether to each other. The main world is about a middle schooler named Mato who is trying to be a good basketball player in her school's sports club and make new friends, especially with a girl named Yomi. Middle school drama ensues -- Yomi's other jealous friend tries to get in between Yomi and Mato, and it spirals from there. It's typical young person drama -- people want certain friends all to themselves or want attention from a friend that seems to be constantly busy.

And there is a guidance counselor that always seems to know exactly what to say...

Mato has dreams about the other world and it turns out that the tether to the other world is the person in the other world feels physically what their corresponding person feels emotionally... or rather, feels the physical pain instead of the other feeling their emotional pain.

Animation: FREAKING GORGEOUS noseriouslyit'sprobablyoneoftheprettiestanimeever.The action scenes are fantastic, and the character design itself is really awesome, especially for the other world.

Characters: The characters are pretty well-detailed and have great, realistically done emotions. It might be a bit frustrating for people who haven't been around middle-schoolers to understand the psyche of each character and why they're being "whiny" (I may have watched this with my boyfriend), but in my opinion, their emotions and relationships are pretty realistic.

Overall: It's slow moving and kind of depressing, but the action scenes are amazing, and so are the relationships between characters. I've been looking forward to this anime since the OVA, and I'm glad I finally watched it.