Ailly

Funny Pets

18 SEP
2011

Is your brain in desperate need of a lobectomy? Are your dreams far too peaceful and devoid of creepiness? Do you hate yourself and our depressing world? WAS POPEE THE PERFORMER TOO NORMAL FOR YOU?!

If you've answered yes to all of these questions, you've come to the right place! Look no further, dear psychopath friend, because from the twisted, twisted mind of Ryuji Masuda comes Funny Pets! The story involves two creepers abominations ALIENS, shaped like the moon and the sun, who crash their UFO here on Earth (presumably somewhere in Australia... Not joking) and become the pets of a bimbo girl named Funny.

That's where their fun and educational adventures begin! And by 'fun and educational' I mean 'sick, deranged and horrifying'. Most of the 6 minute long episodes involve Crescent, the moon guy, being ignored or mistreated by Funny, who obviously loves Corona, the sun guy (or girl? I have no idea), more than him. Then he tries everything he can to gain her love. The result is 90% nightmare-inducing and 10% idiotic. The first couple of episodes at least try to pretend that they have a charming story to tell, but it all goes downhill from there. Episode 7 scared the shit out of me. DON'T WATCH IT.

Animation and sound... Well there's not really much to say, except that it feels like your eyes and ears are being stabbed by rusty butter knives. Repeatedly. While your face is being set on fire.

Now for the characters. First of all you have the two titular pets, Crescent and Corona. Both of them are disturbing and idiotic - the former moreso than the latter - and very, very creepy. Especially Crescent, who laughs like... Well, there are no words to describe his laugh, but trust me when I say that you don't want to hear it. Corona is a bit more likeable, as he is less likely to do crazy stuff. And to complete the trio, we have Funny, the dumbest person - in fiction and in real life - to have ever graced the world with her presence. I cannot even begin to describe what kind of brainless idiot she is. Everytime she came on screen I had to protect my forehead from all the facepalming that would ensue. There are also some gopher-like animals, with ridiculous, dong-shaped noses, who kind of serve as antagonists I think? Anyway, they're the reason Crescent suffers, so all's well.

Funny Pets does have its normal, or rather not-too-disturbing, moments. Most of the time that's followed by an episode even more WTF than you've seen already. So, if you're ready to say goodbye to some of those precious braincells of yours, go watch it. Oh, and if your brain hasn't been violated enough afterwards, there's a second season. Mankind is doomed.

Other Anime Reviews by Ailly

• Animation 0.5/10
  • Sound 0.5/10
  • Characters 0.5/10

Recent Anime Reviews by Ailly

comments

Nicknames avatar Nicknames
Sep 19, 2011

LoL, I thought I was the only one who was scared by ep 7. I tried to watch it half-asleep but I ended scared and not being able to finish that episode. xD