Adhyaksa's avatar

Adhyaksa

• Joined Dec 21, 2009
  • ? / M

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei has been quite a popular anime. Let's start with the main character, Nozomu Itoshiki or should i say Mr.Despair? he is undoubtedly the most (if not) negative person Japan ever had. One day, he met an absolute positive thinker girl, whom irritatingly seems to be not believing in anything said in TV or newspapers. This meeting unexpectedly changed his fate forever. Nozomu himself is a highschool teacher, unfortuantely for him, the girl he just met is actually his homeroom student. Not just that, but almost the whole class is actually pretty unique themselves.

```Truthfully, i enjoyed this series. There are some really unique characters that i can't really jack off from my mind. Each episode is delivered almost perfectly. Ther are some flaws, of course. The jokes seem to be "too cultural" as some people may be confused or even frustrated cause they can't really get the joke.. On top of that, this anime has some serious references of other animes and mangas. I, myself can't really get the joke somettimes, as some of the are related to Japan's daily life. Overall, this anime is quite a good watch if you like parody animes like Azumanga Daioh or some sort.