4EverDreamer's avatar

• Indiana
  • Joined Jan 31, 2008

Desire Climax

Dec 28, 2012

When I began this manga, I expected a simple story about a rich boy and a poor girl. The beginning did not disappoint, in which the "prince" bought Mio with a wad of cash. The story continued with a humorous plotline, as Mio fought to educate the prince on manners. This manga had potential- but it took a downwards hill somewhere and turned pretty ridiculous, developing into a full-blown soap opera.

There is nothing deep about this manga. It involves a girl who awakens to her uncontrollable passion for a rude boy, who treats her like a possession. The said boy, is very confusing and everytime you think he grew in some way, he turns around and does something to make you stop and wonder if you even want them to end up together. There are elements that build up to become really annoying: prostitution, possible bigamy, kidnapping, homelessness, illness . . . etc. One thing, okay, but add it all together and the storyline really makes your eyes roll.

I kept reading despite all this because I wanted to see how it all played out. I wanted the characters to admit their love and show some character development. In the end, I didn't see much. The manga seemed to be more of a twist and turn of surprises like a soap, instead of having a point, and was more about attraction instead of love and understanding.

Overall, this manga is nothing special and the storyline is entertaining but not creative.