White Clouds

Alt title: Shiroi Kumo

Add review
Yakoz92's avatar
Apr 16, 2017

White Cloud, a collection of stories about life and death, kids and grandparents, dreams and nightmares. It's not an easy read so please don't give up looking for a deeper meaning.

Plus/minus considerations:

• STORY: let's start from saying that these are not easy reads, you might need a bit of time to understand what's going on. Maybe because there aren't many dialogues, maybe because of the art style. For some reason I couldn't get in the manga and feel what other characters were feeling, I was less involved than I thought I would be. I like some of them, I don't mind others. Still a positive opinion. (++)
  • ART: first time I see this type of art style, very original. What I don't like is how close kids look compared to teenagers or young adults. It took me a few pages to understand the context and the setting in a couple of them. They look adorable, especially Pillow. (++)
  • CHARACTERS: difficult to judge characters from a collections, especially when some of the chapters last 5-6 pages. Pillow was lovely though. (+)

Interesting read that I picked for third mangathon. I did not expect much but cuteness. I recommend you to not judge the book by its cover, it's not all honey and sugar, there are some really sad moments in it.

chii's avatar
Nov 28, 2010

It's short, sweet, and straight to the point. It will tug at your heart strings if you have ever owned an animal and considered it more than just a pet and an actual part of the family. The other great thing is that we get to see how much a pet feels about us even when we are old and wrinkly.

It may make you cry. I know I almost did.