Unbalance x Unbalance

Alt titles: Unbalance x 2

TJ2012's avatar By TJ2012 on Jan 10, 2011

So this is not a fulll Review or anything but id thought that id state that the manga is not finished yet. so hopfully we could git that fixed some how.

So Unblance X Unblance is a Korin Manawa witch is read for Left-Right. This Manawa starts out as jin-ho Myung finds a wallet and Cellphone in a book store and shows him returnting it to the owner Hae-Young Nah but not before he promtily took 7000 Won (6.79$) to buy a book. She instintaly finds out and states that he well pay the debt off.

On the first day of his Senior Year not thinking to much of the debt he treats it like any other day but soon finds out his home room teacher is Hae-Young Nah. They have maney trails ahead of love,pain,drama and much much more.

Over all i personly fell this is a great story interisting and always has you on your toes  to see what well happen next.

Art:

So i havent read many manga or Manawa in my life but looking at the art of this it felt prety nice seeing new invirments always seeing thair face expresions it would always through somthing new onto the table.

Now besides for the names that i had a problem nowing who was who becouse i was new to manawa the Characters all seem to be pretty good not to Cliché  with some charecturs that would always look diffrent.

Overall:

I fell this is a great manawa worth alot of peoples time that are looking for a good Romance or comedy for that mattier so ima giving this a 8/10 it could be beater but this is a fair judgment on a manawa i really like

ashman711's avatar By ashman711 on Dec 25, 2011

Story: 8

Okay, so I’m going to totally admit that when I read the synopsis, I believed I’d be reading a comedy with more focus on the ecchi side of things. Woman loses her wallet and is promptly returned by a young man only to find he took a trivial amount of money for his reward. Woman demands he pay her back. Later young man finds out this woman is his homeroom teacher and other slightly compromising incidents ensue(seriously who wouldn't think that ecchi?)

The story is pretty far from being crude or ecchi and actually has some decent drama and surprising moments, as well as the typical highschool ecchiness/ comedy. It really keeps from being just a typical cliché’ melodrama and really leaves you wondering just what is going to happen. I'd say there's more focus on the drama so it will appear to both male and female readers(sorry if that sounds sexist)

Art: 8

I’ve read quite a lot of manga and it seems pretty standard fair with well drawn characters expressing their moods and facial expressions rather convincingly.

Characters: 9

Possibly the most surprising about this series is the characters. The main characters have quite a few layers/ depth to them and with exception to one or two side characters they keep from being one dimensional. You actually sympathize or feel bad for them. Sometime even wonder what certain characters’ agendas may be. Their behavior might even surprise some- especially that of the main protagonist.

Overall: 8

I’d say while far from being perfect, this is a pretty darn good series. Exploring the relationships between the characters and the drama/ hardships/ hilarity that follows. Yes it’s vaguely ecchi with a lot of drama( I do mean a lot) I find it fairly engrossing and look forward to the conclusion(still ongoing) This manwha will probably appeal to both male and female crowd- guys for the ecchi sounding story and ladies for the dramatic storylines and character development.

JAhU's avatar By JAhU on Jun 23, 2014

Moved from my blog:

Post 1:

Here is a summary of what I can tell about Unbalance x 2 based on the first 4 volumes (in case you don't want to read my whole post):

Lots of drama

Some romance

Preety good story and characters

Student x teacher relationship

Actually serious (the comedy aspect gets really overshadowed by drama)

It isn't really a harem series, but more of a love polygon one

More drama

Even more drama

Actual post starts here:

I started reading Unbalance x 2 with very little expectations, after all my previous experience with works by IM Dal-Young and LEE Soo Hyun (though the second guy draws really well). However I find myself totally blow away by this manhwa. Yeah, it's THAT good (at least the first 4 volumes).

The series is tagged harem and ecchi on a few manga sites, by the series is actually driven by drama, lots of drama and quite a bit of romance. I'm so sucked to the story, that I'm hardly noticing any of the ecchi (it seems that there wasn't much of that stuff to begin with*). As for the harem part, it's not there. Instead, there is a somewhat complicated love polygon.

*Unless, more ecchi content gets introduced in the later volumes, but that would suck.

Let's get back to the story. When I read that it is a student x teacher romance series, the first thing that came to my mind was that it was something cheesy like Onegai Teacher, but I was wrong. The male lead in Unbalance x 2 is nothing like Kei from Onegai Teacher. This guy has character and lots of it. In one chapter you want to prise him for showing some spine and manliness, but then you really feel like beating the s*** out of him in the next chapter for being a total douchebag. The good thing is, he does get what he deserves whenever he acts like a jerk. When he is introduced in the series, he returns a lost wallet and a cellphone to a certain beautiful lady in a shopping mall. How chivalrous of him, right? Wrong, as it happens some of the money in the wallet have mysteriously disappeared. The owner of said wallet isn't impressed, but that's not the last we see of her. Next day, when the young lad goes to school, guess who happens to be his new homeroom teacher. I don't need to add that they don't go along well. It really is far better than it sounds. The manhwa may seem to go in some dangerous/odd directions on a few occasions, but I recommend not dropping it. I really mean it (at least that how it was with the first 4 volumes). This said the author does like to hit the reader with something unexpected once in a while (like you're hit by a truck, kind of thing).

P.S. It's one of those manhwa you don't judge by the cover nor by those fanservice chapter title images.

Post 2:

So I finished reading Unbalance x 2. Most of it was good, but the drama started getting on my nerves towards the end and the last few chapters were so so. When the manhwa started feeling like they were dragging on, a rushed ending came out of blue (I heard there was a hiatus). Another complain I could have about this manhwa, is that most secondary characters end up being underdeveloped. Once a character served it's purpose, the author almost forget about him or her. My previous post about Unbalance x 2 holds true for the rest of the manhwa, maybe except for the harem part. The manhwa never develops into a harem one, but you do get the harem feel in the later chapters. This impression is only strengthened by the fact that the author does nothing with remaining characters (and some of them had feelings for some of the harem girls).

So in general, the manhwa was good, it's just the last volume that was so so...