Tower of God

RoyalOss's avatar By RoyalOss on Oct 1, 2014

I keep saying Ill keep it short, Im to lazy to write to much :)
But since there is no synopsis I will spend some more time on that.

Synposis:
Everyone lives, eats and works in The Tower of God. Those who can fight their way to the top through the monsters and passed the other contestants can achieve everything they desire. So what do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? What ever you desire, that is here. Tower of God.

The Tower of God is the world and that there is no 'outside' but despite that there is Baam who has lived his entire live beneath the tower, alone in the darkness. Till one day a girl named Rachel fell down the roof. Rachel taught him to speak, read, play games, everything. Baam couldnt be happier but Rachel wanted to escape the darkness. Baam begs her to stay but she insists to break into the tower to fullfill her wish to see the stars. Once again alone in the darkness Baam decides to break into the tower, catch up with Rachel and try to convince her to return with him.

Follow Baam meeting new friends, experiences everything for the first time and trying to hide his past and the fact he entered the tower illegally while he battles to climb the tower.

The Tower of God has a great story, which slowly keeps on picking up momentum. Everything is easy to follow despite the many characters and the many facets of the tower and its inhabitants. Do note that this is part 1 of the manga so the story slowly builds up to a large cliffhangar / open ending. I recommend to read part 2 aswell, it is better and will answer your questions from part 1.

Art
The backgrounds are good but the characters not so much, however the manga keeps on improving itself and the fact that this is a full colour manga makes up for alot. So it is a matter of getting used to at the start.

There are a whole bunch of them and the author likes to joke by putting in some gender benders so you keep wondering if you are looking at a guy or a girl. But there are alot of great characters. Baam the lead character start out relative weak but he keeps on getting stronger towards the end.

Overall
A highly enjoyable manga, I definitely recommend you to read this!

8.5/10 story
Murkey's avatar By Murkey on Jun 4, 2012

Hey all, another review by me!

Well lets start this off, this is a webtoon, and it is originally in Korean (not 100% sure tho)art is good an the pictures are coulored and usually read in a long strip format.

Story-

So this story is good story but used quite alot, not that i mind just when you look at the charcters as well as the story you start to remeber a certain other manga it probably got alot of it's insperation from *cough* HunterxHunter *cough*. well it does add some conects to it an sets it in a diffrent place so it felt diffrent enough, and later on gets mroe diffrent.

Art-

I personally liked it nice neat drawings with coulor perfect for fight scenes which this webtoon has alot, this section is based on opionion mostly.

Characters-

I'm not a great judge of charcter but i thought they were introuced well apart from thier gender, I fell into that trap more than I care to remeber.

Overall i give it a 8, an say, for people who want to rea somthing diffrent an new this is not for you but if you are like me and if it's action but some reused ideas you won't min this and actuall quite enjoy it I daresay i personally really liked it the pacing of it is good to.

WanderingRabbit's avatar By WanderingRabbit on Aug 28, 2013

Well since this is my favorite read so I had to review it and with that being said let's jump right in!

A webtoon Manhwa by SIU which most would overlook,but well worth a read and here's why

STORY: An interesting read even though it touches on a lot of what a shounen reader will be fimiliar with (journeying with friends,powering up,etc) but none of it is used excessively and with a new spin on old concepts it feels pretty fresh.

ARTThe art is a little rough but nice to look at and pretty original while being drawn well,especially for fight scenes.the only downsides I have with the art is it can be gender neutral with  a few characters which had me guessing who was male and female.

CHARACTERS:The characters are where the Manhwa really shines as there's a large cast  of characters to love and hate with plenty of variety in each characters personality,and once their backstorys are fleshed out more I can only see this becoming even more enjoyable.

OVERALL: This is a wonderful read if you like a story with a clever plot,plot twists,action,depth,a wide array of characters and a look at the human condition without being too much of the above then you're in luck,ToG won't disappoint. And so whether you desire wealth,power,glory or something that surpasses all others,be sure to stop by and say hello to Headon-Nim.

irasemagarcia's avatar By irasemagarcia on Sep 18, 2013

I've never read a web toon manhwa it was a little strange. That being said the fact that it's in color is amazing the art is uniquely styled and the only confusing part of the art is the gender. it's hard to differentiate between male and female until later on in the chapters where they refer to the character as he/she. Probably a underrated story and it is sad because it is amazing! Character develpment,plot twists, shounen. It doesnt focus on one main character every "arc" but it keeps touching on the main story throughout even if it does loose it sometimes, overall though awesome read! Highly recommend it to anyone wanting a fresh new story that will not dissapoint!!!

What do you desire? Wealth? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? Whatever your desire is, 'that is here'. Tower of God.
Into the Tower the boy chased the girl who meant everything to him. This is a story about the boy and the Tower that tests him.

Anudevil13's avatar By Anudevil13 on Nov 13, 2013

Hey guys this is my 1st review Officialy

Hope u like it

Tower of God is an Excelent Webtoon Manhwa with a Great Story.

Story- The story is about tower which is said to fulfill every desire in the world, whether it be Money - Fame - Power - Women . Attracted by this , countless number of people try climbing the tower of god every day, But only few of them have strength to survive.

Are you strong enough to Climg the tower of God?

The story follows a Teen boy named 25th baam,who enters the tower in order to get his only friend in the world named Rachel.As he Climbs up, he is faced with countless challanges , meets new comrades and Battles the enemies.

Art- The art of Manhwa's is what makes them worth read, and undoubtedly ToG has a brilliant Art. Every character is detailed and has its own unique appearence. The only problem is that many characters can confuse you about their genders.

Characters- Perhaps the biggest selling point of ToG is its awesome characters. You can find every type of character - caring,cunning,traitor,kind in the series.

The unique personalitys and power of each character make it go Up a level, Like caring and kind Baam, Cunning like a Fox- koon.

Overall- ToG is a great manhwa and is a must read for any Action/Shounen/Adventure lover. It just cant  get better then this!