Tower of God

Murkey's avatar By Murkey on Jun 4, 2012

Hey all, another review by me!

Well lets start this off, this is a webtoon, and it is originally in Korean (not 100% sure tho)art is good an the pictures are coulored and usually read in a long strip format.

Story-

So this story is good story but used quite alot, not that i mind just when you look at the charcters as well as the story you start to remeber a certain other manga it probably got alot of it's insperation from *cough* HunterxHunter *cough*. well it does add some conects to it an sets it in a diffrent place so it felt diffrent enough, and later on gets mroe diffrent.

Art-

I personally liked it nice neat drawings with coulor perfect for fight scenes which this webtoon has alot, this section is based on opionion mostly.

Characters-

I'm not a great judge of charcter but i thought they were introuced well apart from thier gender, I fell into that trap more than I care to remeber.

Overall i give it a 8, an say, for people who want to rea somthing diffrent an new this is not for you but if you are like me and if it's action but some reused ideas you won't min this and actuall quite enjoy it I daresay i personally really liked it the pacing of it is good to.

WanderingRabbit's avatar By WanderingRabbit on Aug 28, 2013

Well since this is my favorite read so I had to review it and with that being said let's jump right in!

A webtoon Manhwa by SIU which most would overlook,but well worth a read and here's why

STORY: An interesting read even though it touches on a lot of what a shounen reader will be fimiliar with (journeying with friends,powering up,etc) but none of it is used excessively and with a new spin on old concepts it feels pretty fresh.

ARTThe art is a little rough but nice to look at and pretty original while being drawn well,especially for fight scenes.the only downsides I have with the art is it can be gender neutral with  a few characters which had me guessing who was male and female.

CHARACTERS:The characters are where the Manhwa really shines as there's a large cast  of characters to love and hate with plenty of variety in each characters personality,and once their backstorys are fleshed out more I can only see this becoming even more enjoyable.

OVERALL: This is a wonderful read if you like a story with a clever plot,plot twists,action,depth,a wide array of characters and a look at the human condition without being too much of the above then you're in luck,ToG won't disappoint. And so whether you desire wealth,power,glory or something that surpasses all others,be sure to stop by and say hello to Headon-Nim.

irasemagarcia's avatar By irasemagarcia on Sep 18, 2013

I've never read a web toon manhwa it was a little strange. That being said the fact that it's in color is amazing the art is uniquely styled and the only confusing part of the art is the gender. it's hard to differentiate between male and female until later on in the chapters where they refer to the character as he/she. Probably a underrated story and it is sad because it is amazing! Character develpment,plot twists, shounen. It doesnt focus on one main character every "arc" but it keeps touching on the main story throughout even if it does loose it sometimes, overall though awesome read! Highly recommend it to anyone wanting a fresh new story that will not dissapoint!!!

What do you desire? Wealth? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? Whatever your desire is, 'that is here'. Tower of God.
Into the Tower the boy chased the girl who meant everything to him. This is a story about the boy and the Tower that tests him.

Anudevil13's avatar By Anudevil13 on Nov 13, 2013

Hey guys this is my 1st review Officialy

Hope u like it

Tower of God is an Excelent Webtoon Manhwa with a Great Story.

Story- The story is about tower which is said to fulfill every desire in the world, whether it be Money - Fame - Power - Women . Attracted by this , countless number of people try climbing the tower of god every day, But only few of them have strength to survive.

Are you strong enough to Climg the tower of God?

The story follows a Teen boy named 25th baam,who enters the tower in order to get his only friend in the world named Rachel.As he Climbs up, he is faced with countless challanges , meets new comrades and Battles the enemies.

Art- The art of Manhwa's is what makes them worth read, and undoubtedly ToG has a brilliant Art. Every character is detailed and has its own unique appearence. The only problem is that many characters can confuse you about their genders.

Characters- Perhaps the biggest selling point of ToG is its awesome characters. You can find every type of character - caring,cunning,traitor,kind in the series.

The unique personalitys and power of each character make it go Up a level, Like caring and kind Baam, Cunning like a Fox- koon.

Overall- ToG is a great manhwa and is a must read for any Action/Shounen/Adventure lover. It just cant  get better then this!

RingoStarr1991's avatar By RingoStarr1991 on Apr 24, 2014

***SPOILER FREE REVIEW***

REMINDER: THIS IS A REVIEW FOR PART ONE OF THE MANHWA WHICH ENDS AT CHAPTER 78

If you had to describe Tower of God with one word, it would be presence. Never in my life have I read such an attention grabbing epic that has left me so many sleepless nights. In fact I do not think I have been this enthralled since I started reading Pokémon Adventure Special around a year ago.

Story: 8.5/10

The best thing about Tower of God is how smoothly it introduces characters and also how well the plot flows. The story boils down to following our main character Baam as he meets new friends on his quest to reach the top of the tower. The plot actually borrows a lot from old fairytales and other stories but does such a good job making it seem so unique. The story keeps pinning Baam against impossible odds but due to his teammates and later on his own effort, he is able to keep moving forward. I can safely say that there is no dull moment between chapter 1-78. It is however not the greatest story in existence but does an amazing job at keeping your attention.

Only negative thing I can think of that relates to the user experience when putting the plot in mind is of course part one ends on a huge cliffhanger. The manhwa as of 4/24/2014 is ongoing.

Art: 7/10

This is a webcomic that is fully in color. I give the artist props for this but some of the scenes are a little sloppy and generic looking. There are though a lot of great looking stand-out moments especially during action scenes. The character models look really appealing as well. Stand-outs are Rak, Yuri, and of course the beautiful Androssi.

Characters: 10/10

The characters are why the manhwa is as enthralling as it is. They provided so many memorable moments of character progression, plot twists, and rivalries. The chemistry between all of the main cast was very spot on and showed in the final chapters of part one's conclusion. It is the events in part one that set the tone for what is to happen in part two.

Overall: 8.5/10

Overall you might have gripes with some of the artwork but the story and characters are top notch. I cannot believe how interested I was into the story as I read from chapter 1 all the way to the updated chapter in part 2. If you are looking for the next great action/adventure manga, give this webcartoon a try. You will not regret it.

Enjoyment: 10/10

Thanks for reading my review! If you liked my writing style, would like to see some other reviews, or just want to talk, please stop by my page!

Sincerely,