If you're looking for manga similar to Sword Art Online: Progressive (Light Novel), you might like these titles. All recommendations are made by Anime-Planet users like you!
In Orario, fearless adventurers band together in search of fame and fortune within the monstrous underground labyrinth known as Dungeon.But while riches and renown are incentive enough for most, Bell Cranel, would-be hero extraordinaire, has bigger plans.He wants to pick up girls. Is it wrong to face the perils of Dungeon alone, in a single-member guild blessed by a failed goddess? Maybe. Is it wrong to dream of playing hero to hapless maidens in Dungeon? Maybe not. After one misguided adventure, Bell quickly discovers that anything can happen in the labyrinth–even chance encounters with beautiful women. The only problem? He’s the one who winds up the damsel in distress! !
- Asuna and Bell are both inexperienced rookies that become competent badasses as the story progresses;
- Kirito and Aiz are skillful and efficient individuals that clear the way and walk alongside them;
- Medieval/MMORPG-like Settings;
- Similar genres (Adventure, Fantasy, Romance);
- Epic fight scenes performed by a cast full of badasses;
- Ample, vast and well described world buildings;
Both series are about killing monsters, leveling up, clearing dungeons, doing quests, all of this while having well-rounded characters that have plenty of development throughout the story, there's a good harmony between comedy and drama, cute and romantic moments all put together in a good and enjoyable story described with a smooth and extremely immersive storytelling.
NickKnight gave a very good description
The life of a traveling merchant is a lonely one, a fact with which Kraft Lawrence is well acquainted. Wandering from town to town with just his horse, cart, and whatever wares have come his way, the peddler has pretty well settled into his routine—that is, until the night Lawrence finds a wolf goddess asleep in his cart. Taking the form of a fetching girl with wolf ears and a tail, Holo has wearied of tending to harvests in the countryside and strikes up a bargain with the merchant to lend him the cunning of "Holo the Wisewolf" to increase his profits in exchange for taking her along on his travels. What kind of businessman could turn down such an offer? Lawrence soon learns, though, that having an ancient goddess as a traveling companion can be a bit of a mixed blessing. Will this wolf girl turn out to be too wild to tame?
- Kraft and Kirito both have cunning attitudes and the ability to improvise plans while in danger;
- Holo and Asuna are beautiful, feisty and corageous girls who are extremelly similar appearence-wise;
- Medieval settings;
- Similar genres (Drama, Fantasy, Romance);
- Similar vibe and atmosphere;
- Engaging and immersive storytellings;
- Beautiful and well detailed artstyles and character designs;
- Both stories are about going on adventures, the main characters are well-written and well-developed and the relationship between them develops at a perfect pace with the damsel in distress trope being constantly zigzagged and while they can attract many people from the opposite gender both of them remain completely faithful to each other, and both series feature two of the best romances ever written.