Sun-Ken Rock

MarioSpurs's avatar By on Jun 6, 2011

The story is amazing, the art is amazing and all the characters are so quirky and likeable. It's a shame if this doesn't become an anime but it might be too explicit for some! You can tell that the author tries his best with the work because the amount of research he put into Korea is staggering. He researched cuisine, places, traditions...Just to make the manga more enjoyable to read. Ken, the main character, is an awesome character. Dumb, Happy-go-lucky but badass, he knows when it's time to get serious and when it does, he dishes out punishment like no other. It's not all serious though, it feels light hearted even though it is so "mature". This is due to the super-deformed art style that is used during more unserious moments. I laughed more than a few times while reading this and trust me; you will too. Sun-Ken Rock is one of the better mangas I have read and it's certainly worth your time!

wonkuenoemos's avatar By on Jan 3, 2015

Wanna read badass manga? You are right if you choose this!

For first time I feel bit disgusted because the ecchi and violence level are very intense. I decide to endure reading it (to expecting some amazing story). And wow, this manga is amazing dude! I realize that what happen to this manga is part of reality in underground world where gang and stuff monopolize rules in their teritories. May be some of us never aware of it cause always life in peacefull place. This manga really describe what happen in underground world. And then, our hero appear out of nowhere (actually Japan XD) just following his crush, Yumin (in Korea), expecting to get response for his feeling. The character of Ken told as bright as Sun and as hard as Rock. He never have ill intention when helping someone. Innocent in one way, and badass in other way.

Ken who life in gang district, get involved in gang wars and recruited by some of Korean wanna be gang as a Boss. But the issue here, Yumin is police woman who fight againts criminal gang so Ken must disguise himself as salaryman whenever he meets her.

Sun-Ken Rock tell about love, friendship, trust, humanity, and other stuff related.

Read it if you want badass manga! But you must endure the high level of ecchi and (especially) violence in it.

9.5/10 story