Strawberry 100%

Alt titles: Ichigo 100%

KaguZuchi's avatar By KaguZuchi on Feb 9, 2010

Ichigo 100% sets itself apart from the ordinary ecchi/harem series through adept character development, fine art-work, and exceptional story weaving.

As with real-life, adianoeta (double-entendres) can bewilder even the most astute when applied to matters of the heart. Do not be fooled in any single sitting that it may seem that Junpei's dealings and emotions for each woman tangle and straighten at random. What you find at the end of a chapter, story arc, and eventually the series conclusion, is a supurbly intricate balance of life, loss, and love. The finale will leave you with one of the most reach-in-and-wrench-your-heart, yet truly satisfying sighs that make this a definate re-read.

matwichukwt's avatar By matwichukwt on Mar 5, 2011

I have Just finished reading Ichigo 100% and it has moved me enought to write my first Review.  First I'd like to say that, unfortunately I had to read Vols. 15 - 19 on the web because Viz Media stopped publishing the manga in the US ay Vol. 14 and to the onlime translators I am forever greatfull.  This story is about charitor groth, life, love, dissapointment and the desire to follow your heart and your dreams.  I did feel that the last few chapters were rushed and that I would like to have seen some more of there lives experiences after graduation then just a recap in the last volume.  But the story as a whole, even if your favorate girl did not win Junpei's heart you could see the fruit of all there actions.  If you love drama and romance with comidy and MAJOR charitop development then this is your manga!

ghismeisk's avatar By ghismeisk on Apr 4, 2011

Ichigo 100% was one of those mangas where i was very frustrated. The main guy, Junpei, could not decide at all and kept going back and forth between girls. The only reason why i read it was because of Nishino. In my opinion she is what made this manga so great. She is very strong mentally and that's what i loved about this manga. It has alot of ecchie parts and alot of comedic parts. Im my opinio if you want to read it stick to it anf if you dont want to read it i suggest you dont. It didn't really have a strong storyline. But, if you do read its very interesting. Nishino ROCKS!

xtrablu's avatar By xtrablu on Apr 18, 2012

A late-bloomingly heart-grasping mix of humor, vividly strong emotions and a fairly big dose of fan-service. The latter may be too much for some readers, especially if they haven't seen worse before and/or simply cannot like the rest of Ichigo to make an exception.

From start and until the beginning of the very end of the series, Ichigo seemed to be clearly different from other harem mangas, in the way that a support-ish kind of character seemed to be the "main/ultimate" heroine of the stories. Upon finishing the manga and finding that I had got the wrong idea, I was disappointed in how the series did not actually break the norm of having a more outgoing. (If it did, I would've given Ichigo 8/10 instead.)

Still, I clearly feel that "Ichigo 100%"was worth my time, because of how I increasingly grew close to the story, and was - by the latter half of the series - almost directly linked to what was going on in most of the characters' lives: laughing at the jokes, sharing their happiness, and, above all: making me sympathize with a certain characters pains like very few other works have ever managed.