Stepping on Roses

Alt title: Hadashi de Bara wo Fume

Add review
AriaEleanor's avatar
Dec 16, 2016

Since this thing has such a high ranking, I decided to read it. Oh boy. It was one of the most uncomfortable mangas I've ever come across - and I've read many *wierd sh*t* stories.

It started kinda...dunno, sweet is a strong word. Not a typicall shoujo romance at all. Although forced marriage is quite common (eg. forced meaning by parets or circumstances).

I have recurring problem with mangas where there is any kind of violence towards women. And although in this manga the use of physical violence is sparse to nonexistent, psychological violence is present throughout thw whole manga and it really messed me up. Agitated me, creeped me out and scared me sh*tless. So many crazy, possesive freaks here that it made my skin crawl.

I will never revisit this manga and will do my best to forget about it. I still don't get how I even finished this in one night nevertheless. I must have been drunk.

TheElementalFlow's avatar
Jun 2, 2014

One of my favorite romance manga. It comes with a twist, but the twist isn't outdone and just right. This is a bit different from your usual romance manga. I'd recommend reading it. The character developement and the emotions you go through while reasing this manga keeps you on your toes.

9.5/10 art