Soul Eater

SamBlack's avatar By on Nov 27, 2015

I watched the anime of Soul Eater about a year ago. I enjoyed it a lot, and thought it was a very solid, above-average, but slightly flawed anime series. I heard from one of my friends later that the manga source material of the series takes a much different turn about halfway through that ends with a much more satisfying ending, which interested me since I sort of felt the ending of the anime was a bit lackluster. So I read it and I am very glad I did.

There is so much more depth in manga, so many loose ends (I won't spoil anything) that kind of get ignored in the anime are tied quite beautifully here. There are also a ton more awesome characters we never see in the anime, such as Gopher and Noah, and many more emotional scenes and plot twists. Also there is much better character development, especially for the great Black Star. In the end I actually found Soul Eater to be quite touching, and I feel that the series can be viewed as somewhat of an allegory of growing up and the difficulties and triumpths involved in it. I would even go as far as to say it's a masterpiece. Now we just need a reboot of the anime and I'll be completely satisfied.

(Also I put a 10 for art, but I'm going just by how it was by the end. The art at the beginning is somewhat meh, but improves immensely throughout the series.)

FullmetalShinobi42's avatar By on Apr 21, 2011

This is, without a doubt, one of the 2 best mangas that I have ever read in my life.

The characters are engaging and even dynamic. Every one of them has something unique to them that they are known for, and they stick to that. It's not just to pull the reader in in the beginning, but it is kept constant and even plays pivotal roles in the storyline!

The art has a very comical feel to it most of the time, but it has a very versatile style. When there is cause for it, it has a very comical feel and adds to the humor. When the situation in the plot is moving more quickly, though, it also has a very real quality that draws the reader in.

I absolutely love this manga. <3<3<3

Death the Kid Forever!!!

9.5/10 art
MugenNeS's avatar By on Dec 23, 2010

By far one of the most beloved, in my opinion, manga of all time Soul Eater takes the cake and eats it literally. With a stunning storyline as well as an awesome plot this manga is a must read for all. The art style is super cool and the characters are just priceless. A god sent manga if you ask me, I enjoy reading and re-reading this manga. Even the anime is super cool as well.