Shinobi Life

Vague's avatar By Vague on Feb 7, 2013

So, since this page doesn't have a synopsis I'll give that first, then my review.

Due to her family’s wealthy background, Beni Fujiwara is used to being kidnapped, held ransom and having her life threatened on a daily basis. In fact, she welcomes any chance to make her father feel miserable for the decisions he has made in the past concerning Beni and her late mother. However, Beni’s plans to get back at her father are ruined when Kagetora comes falling into her life…literally. Claiming that he has devoted his life to protecting the Red Princess, Kagetora becomes Beni’s new ninja body guard and she starts to have feelings for him. But, will Kagetora stay with her once he realizes that she is not the Red Princess and that he has actually traveled into the future?!

Review time!

So, pretty interesting story. It’s a good mix of cool ninjas and silly lovey dovey stuff. A bit of a SPOILER, Kagetora falls into the future via a wormhole of some kind that is found in the middle of a lake in the past and off the side of a building in the future (present day). The whole traveling to and from the past is sort of confusing at first and a little unbelievable since they typically fall back into the exact time that they need to even though it’s mentioned a few times that they can’t control the “when” they land in. But whatever, it makes the story interesting and allows for some cool ninja action in the present world.

I liked the relationship between Kagetora and Beni; it’s sweet even if it’s a little predictable. The story gets a little more complicated when Beni gets stuck in the past and meets a younger Kagetora and some of his friends, but for the most part it’s a pretty straight forward love story filled with misunderstandings, battles for the person you love and epic make up sex…okay maybe not that last part.

Another time, another review.

GhostyCute's avatar By GhostyCute on Dec 15, 2013

I loved this series! It was so cute and romantic! <3 I wasn't too thrilled with the ending though. I mean, did Beni and her father get a better relationship? What about her arranged marriage? Did her father end up allowing her to be with Kagetora? So many unanswered questions!!