One Piece

ThePhoenix23's avatar By on May 23, 2014

Note I have seen over 421 episodes of the anime.

The One Piece anime is my favorite anime ever !

So I decided to read the original manga !

I read 8 chapters

I own 10 volumes

Story:Gol D. Roger was known as the Pirate King, the strongest and most infamous being to have sailed the Grand Line. The capture and death of Roger by the World Government brought a change throughout the world. His last words before his death revealed the location of the greatest treasure in the world, One Piece. It was this revelation that brought about the Grand Age of Pirates, men who dreamed of finding One Piece (which promises an unlimited amount of riches and fame), and quite possibly the most coveted of titles for the person who found it, the title of the Pirate King.Enter Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy that defies your standard definition of a pirate. Rather than the popular persona of a wicked, hardened, toothless pirate who ransacks villages for fun, Luffy’s reason for being a pirate is one of pure wonder; the thought of an exciting adventure and meeting new and intriguing people, along with finding One Piece, are his reasons of becoming a pirate. Following in the footsteps of his childhood hero, Luffy and his crew travel across the Grand Line, experiencing crazy adventures, unveiling dark mysteries and battling strong enemies, all in order to reach One Piece.

Volume 1: 8 chapters "4/5"

Chapter 1:Romance Dawn - The Dawn of the Adventure "4.5/5"

Chapter 2:That Guy, "Straw Hat Luffy "3/5"

Chapter 3:Introducing Pirate Hunter Zoro "3.5/5"

Chapter 4:Marine Captain Axe-Hand Morgan "4/5"

Chapter 5:Pirate King and Master Swordsman "4/5"

Chapter 6:The First Crew Member "4/5"

Chapter 7:Friends "3.5/5"

Chapter 8:Introducing Nami "3.5/5"

Volume 2 (Not yet read)

Volume 9 (Not yet read)

Volume 10 (Not yet read)

8.5/10 art
tennis101101's avatar By on Oct 17, 2013

This manga is really good because it has a really good story line to it. I love the art of the manga because it is really good and has really good details to it. The characters in the newest chapters have some amazing details to them compared to the begining chapters. I like the way they develop the art as they go along and have amazing scenary to it. I love most of the characters because they are really awesome people and almost of the one I like are pirates and that is so cool. I also think that this anime has good characters because most of the main characters would do anything for other peole no matter what it would cost them and I like that they are willing to help anyone in need. I like that they are "good" pirates. So overall this is a really good manga if you are into pitrates then you would really like this anime. Also if you even remotly like the anime then, I would recemend that you read this manga as well.

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 characters
animeloversrule's avatar By on Oct 9, 2013

This Manga has a really good story line to it and the art of it is also really good. I love that it is almost completly identical to the anime. The only thing that I don't like about the manga is that it has more side storys then the anime.

9.5/10 characters
MugenNeS's avatar By on Dec 23, 2010

One Piece is by far one of the most love manga of all time in my opinion, with a marvelous story, vast world of adventure that sweeps readers away and of course lovable characters that you can't ever hate (yes even the bad guys are memorable). I'm not a huge fan of the anime of One Piece, but I enjoy reading the manga. Filled with hilarity, action, adventure, and a ton of history well in a fantasy world I highly recommend anyone who like anything I've mentioned to pick up this manga and enjoy a good read.

Hethran's avatar By on Oct 16, 2010

How does one describe the story of One Piece? One can easily write a description in a single sentence. It's a pirate manga with a crew of goodly pirates who spend their days fighting other pirates, overthrowing corrupt governments, and generally being badass, with plenty comedy and fantastic elements thrown in. However, that fails to truly describe what One Piece is.

One Piece is a heartwarming tale of achievement despite the odds. It is a tale of Luffy daring to dream the impossible, and accomplishing it, again and again. It is an utterly outrageous comedy that will have you laughing every minute. It is an action series that will have you on the edge of your seat with every battle. It is tale of comraderie and friendship that will likely reduce you to tears countless times.

Whether it be the Straw Hats assembling for their latest badass pose, Luffy striking down yet another foe in a way more epic than the last, or Zolo's newest outrageous sword stunt, practically every volume has an epic crowning moment of awesome that will steal your breath away.

As for pacing, often the deathknell of long running shounen- the individual storyarcs all move at a good clip. The overall story is proceeding at a snail's pace - but with each arc better than the last, you won't even notice.

Absolutely brilliant.

Unlike many other action mangas, it is always easy to tell what is going on in every battle. The comedic art is also very well done, with Oda's goofy art stye the source of countless laughs - whether it be eyes popping two feet out their sockets, or Mr. 2 Bon Clay's preposterously outrageous clothing.

Very well done. Whether it be the incredibly badass trio of Luffy, Zolo, and Robin, the conniving thief Nami, the hilariously naive Chopper, the comedically "chivalrous" pervert Sanji, the speed carpenter Franky, the cowardly liar Usopp, orthe brave and heroic Sniper King, you'll grow to love them all. You'll laugh at their comedic antics and be frustrated by their failures. You'll be enchanted by their unwavering comraderie, and laugh some more at their constant bickering. You'll be inspired by Luffy's boundless courage, and laugh even more at his stupidity.

Overall: 10/10

One Piece is one of the best manga or anime I have ever watched or read. If you like Shounen manga, read it. If you like action or comedy manga, read it. Heck, if you like manga or anime period, read it. You won't be dissapointed.