Noblesse

Deannadog's avatar By Deannadog on Feb 28, 2012

This is one of my top 10 favorite mangas! I highly recommened this manga for all of those who love shounen manga...but that is just my opinion ~^_^~  thankz

ali0889's avatar By ali0889 on Sep 16, 2012

Genre:
Shounen, supernatural, comedy, action, mystery, drama

Noblesse is an amazing Korean manhwa about a man named Rai who awakens after being asleep for 820 years. After he awakens he takes on the looks of a high school student and unknowingly meets an acquaintaince of his, named frankenstein, who also happens to be the chairman of the highschool he wandered into.  From then on Rai decides to stay enrolled at the school as a student in order to learn about the 820 years he happened to miss.  All the while making new friends at the school, learning about the new technology, customs and of course the food(you will understand that later)!! The story may sound dense but in fact is very entertaining. The main characters eventually take on enemies and little by little their identities are revealed.  This manhwa literally had me laughing outloud at some moments, and at others cheering on the main characters during their battles. And as the story progresses so does the dialogue.

Art

The art is fantastic!! First and foremost it is in COLOR, so what don't love about that?? The art flows and I notice as the chapters progress it becomes better and better!

The characters of this manga are very interesting, I will say that there isn't alot of depth into any of the characters families or past lives, but most of that is irrelevant to the main story.  Most of what you know about the characters is what you see, but all of them work together wonderfully and I personally think that there are good underdog-like characters that prove themselves and eventually kick some serious butt!! And there are the anti-hero's, as well as the devious or mysterious characters that are really appealing to watch and see how they eventually grow. You will seriously be rooting for these characters!!!!!

Overall

This manhwa is a must read!!!  At first I was hesitant to read it after the first couple of chapters but it became really hard to just stop reading after a while. All of the characters display such passion and at times it is kind of moving lol!!! After catching up and reading it all so far, I am glad that I decided to peer into this little treasure!! I would have to say that this is by far one of my favorite mangas!!  I would suggest that even if you are just a little curious to check it out!! And as a little side note, a new chapter comes out weekly, even though the chapters are a little bit shorter than mangas, the fact that you dont have to wait months for a new chapter is what makes it better!!!! lol

McOlsen's avatar By McOlsen on Nov 2, 2012

Noblesse

Noblesse, a korean manwha. I had only read manga before this one, and I was quite curious about how different it would be. All manwha's may not be exactly like this one, but for me this have set a certain standard.

Noblesse, is a story about Cadis Etrama Di Raizel, or also known as "Rai". He wakes up in a coffin, and you get information quite early that this man ain't a normal human being. I will not tell anymore than that, for I will not spoil anymore of the story.

I can tell that if you have not read this manwha yet, you are certainly missing something. Yeah, in the beginning you will start as any new manga/manwha, just read to see if the story really is something that catches you're eye. Already then, after several chapters, you will see that you are hypnotized by this manwha.

Story wise it's excellent, and the way it's told. The art is just marvelous, it's in colors aswell. This gives it more, excuse the expression, soul. That the chapters are in color, are without doubt, one thing that makes it more "lively".

Characters in this story are people that are different in so many ways. They may seem serious, and yet after a while you will find them funny. I really love that the characters are so different.

I really recommend this manwha for people to read!

VacuumTan's avatar By VacuumTan on May 6, 2013

You haven't read those high school vampire stories too many times, right?

Right.

Meet Rai. He's your average, tea-sipping, refined and handsome foreign student. But, well, he might also be a badass vampire who's been sleeping for the past 800-something years and only now decided to wake up.

To attend a Korean high school.

Jup.

Meet Frankenkieselstein, Rai's obedient, loyal servant and Goldilocks incarnate, pretending to be the principal of said Korean school. And of course he lets his master attend classes if that's what his highness wishes.

A powerful supernatural being. Studying Maths.

Sure.

Well, maybe it doesn't sound that awesome right now, but just wait until they set out to fight the hard-to-use electronic devices the organisation of evildoers.

And here ends the plot, being replaced by shallow fights, shallow talking and just everything else. It's kind of sad. For the first few chapters, it was okay. But then it started repeating itself.

I don't see the point to it anymore, to be frank.

There are many diehard fans out there, and maybe I'm just unable to comprehend this, but I don't really like the direction it took and how it turned out to be.

The art becomes more and more rushed and I kind of lost interest in it by now.

It's actually kind of sad.

But oh well.