No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!

Alt titles: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!

DreamSaint's avatar By DreamSaint on Aug 29, 2012

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!

Author(s): Tanigawa Nico

Genre(s): Slice of Life, Shonen

Status: Ongoing

Other Work from Author: Choko! / Chokko!

Based on: 10 Chapters from 25.

Type: Web-Manga

Tomoko Kuroki is a young girl awaiting her high school life.

With a lot of romantic expierence and more than one hundred male admirers this is going of a good start, isn't it?

Though this might've been interesting to read, she's a total Neet without any expierence in social life and not knowing the reason why. She never had a real converrsation, aside from her brother but that was years ago and even then they were only playing games.

The Reason why i gave the Story 6/10 is quite simple, it's sad and funny at the same time with Tomoko trying to find out the reason why she is so unpopular. It shows that you have to start to look at yourself trying to find your mistakes and maybe the people around you aren't at fault.

Art:

The Art is quite fine with the focus relying on Tomoko.

Other People look just fine with semi less details then Tomoko.

You can see her empty eyes, lines under her eyes as well as different face expressions are quite well drawn.

Aside from Tomoko there is no real depth in characters.

But from my view this is actually a good thing to do, because she is practically alone and a shut in. Letting her being in the focus of all, her trying to find reasoning why she is ugly or unpopular gives her depth and a lot of character. You kinda get the feeling of pitying her most of the time.

--------------------------------------------------------

This isn't all too good of an review from my perspective.

Since english is my second language and this was my first ever Manga review i've written to this date. I'm looking forward to people criticzing and maybe helping me a bit. Aside from that, i'm feeling rather down after reading this manga.. it's just so sad .. i don't know.

KingArthur13th's avatar By KingArthur13th on Sep 20, 2012

"It's not my fault I'm not popular" is a manga by Tanigawa Nico who is also the author of "Choku!". The manga centers around a socially awkward, socially inept, shy shut in named Kuroki Tomoko who has just entered high school and is searching for someone to call a friend or a boyfriend. Tomoko has absolutely no social skills, can barely hold a conversation longer than a minute and considers hellos and goodbyes as some of her most successful attempts at conversing with people. Deep down she wants to have friends and be able to talk with boys normally, but doesn't have the nerves or social skills to do so. As the title of this post already states, this manga is definitely one of the most depressing mangas in existence and makes you feel sorry for her every chapter. Tomoko has a pretty lonely life and as a bit of a loner myself, I really relate to her as strange as it may seem. That is most likely the thing about this manga that  keeps me reading and once you start reading, the thing you want to see most is for her to have a better future and obtain friends. Tomoko really is one of those characters you just become attached too, and you end up sharing her pain as you read along, chapter after chapter, rooting for her to do better. "It's not my fault I'm not popular is truly a depressing, yet amazing manga that deserves more recognition in the manga world.

7.5/10 story