Nisekoi

EdMoku's avatar By on May 21, 2015

[I'm typng down everything below, relying solely on my memory]

Nisekoi is a romcom, and a successful one at that. There's Raku Ichijou, our main male protagonist, who just happens to be a girl magnet. Anyhow, that's beside the point.

Getting to the actual review now.

The story is interesting. I mean, the author does a good job in terms of making the childhood friend a mystery, and keeps us wondering. This is probably the only original part of it all. The rest of the plot are filled with cliches. Generally speaking, if you wish to read a shoujo manga will all of the usual stuff [ ie. girl being afraid of the dark despite acting tough ; girl hate boy at first sight and vice versa ; forced into a relationship despite not liking one another ; etc]  this is the manga for you. It's pretty boring, to be honest. I mean, the parts that are meant to be funny makes me laugh, but this manga makes it so easy for me to toss it aside, and approach another.

The art is good. The miens the characters wear are beautiful. Though there are times when the art is questionable, but it's adorable in the end. I like the art. Period.

The side characters are amazing. The main ones, are crap. They're dense, hesitant, secretive, and honestly, the plot would go nowhere had the side characters been absent since the beginning. The main characters, Raku Ichijo, Chitoge Kirisaki, and Onodera Kasaki. They're cute to a certain degree, but are honesty boring. Their reactions could be easily predicted, and that honesty ruins the story. They each have their own individual quirks, and share some qualities, such as the inability to do anything. Maybe I'm exaggerating on that one. But seriously. They can make no contributions to the main plot, had the side characters such as Ruri or Shu were not there.

But that aside, it's still an okay manga. The love story still sucks though.

c:

Charana's avatar By on Jul 21, 2015

For all those who want to know if they really should start this manga read the comments at the bottom of the page on kissmanga

Alot of people say its a majority of filler with no development and it eventually ends up a harem.The comedy is good,i love the fact they use swear words but ah.. it really depends on you. I prefer funny rom -coms to be short and intense, your gonna see alot of beating around the bush with this manga. Idk it has quite a big fan base thought , i think it started out strong,intresting and slowly turned generic

I advice watching the anime, its quicker and MUCH more entertaining.seriously, the anime is GREAT stuff,maybe because they skipped some of the filler.definitely reccomend the anime