Nisekoi: False Love

Add review
EdMoku's avatar
May 21, 2015

[I'm typng down everything below, relying solely on my memory]

Nisekoi is a romcom, and a successful one at that. There's Raku Ichijou, our main male protagonist, who just happens to be a girl magnet. Anyhow, that's beside the point.

Getting to the actual review now.

The story is interesting. I mean, the author does a good job in terms of making the childhood friend a mystery, and keeps us wondering. This is probably the only original part of it all. The rest of the plot are filled with cliches. Generally speaking, if you wish to read a shoujo manga will all of the usual stuff [ ie. girl being afraid of the dark despite acting tough ; girl hate boy at first sight and vice versa ; forced into a relationship despite not liking one another ; etc]  this is the manga for you. It's pretty boring, to be honest. I mean, the parts that are meant to be funny makes me laugh, but this manga makes it so easy for me to toss it aside, and approach another.

The art is good. The miens the characters wear are beautiful. Though there are times when the art is questionable, but it's adorable in the end. I like the art. Period.

The side characters are amazing. The main ones, are crap. They're dense, hesitant, secretive, and honestly, the plot would go nowhere had the side characters been absent since the beginning. The main characters, Raku Ichijo, Chitoge Kirisaki, and Onodera Kasaki. They're cute to a certain degree, but are honesty boring. Their reactions could be easily predicted, and that honesty ruins the story. They each have their own individual quirks, and share some qualities, such as the inability to do anything. Maybe I'm exaggerating on that one. But seriously. They can make no contributions to the main plot, had the side characters such as Ruri or Shu were not there.

But that aside, it's still an okay manga. The love story still sucks though.

c: