Naruto

Rappelle's avatar By on Nov 6, 2014

I've had to reserve judgement until the final ending came out. Now that it is here, I can safety and without a doubt state that the manga is not worth it.

Darker themes are brushed aside, as the ending we get is the Happily Ever After (yawn!). This is a world of ninja's...there are GOING to be dark themes associated with such a thing. Death, betrayal, child soliders...

Th story focuses so much on bringing one character back, that other characters suffer for it. I would rather have seen the village develop as a more close-knit group after the character's betrayal, and watch as our main characters cope with the fact that life is not fair (bloody hell, they live in a SHINOBI world).

Early story arc were actually interesting, but once you get to this last arc (the war arc), things just....detrail. The whole war just had so many random, silly things thrown in it was hard to me to take it seriously.

Anything that has been built upon, forget it. It's thrown out. Redemption (one of the most difficult things a person has to do after they betray their friends, in my opinion) is rushed. It just sort of happens. LOLWE'REFRIENDSAGAIN! I hardly bought it. It's all fine and dandy to believe in someone, even after such a thing has happened...but at a certain point it is destructive and unhealthy, and I'm left wondering if you're living in la-la land. It's so much harder to regain someone's trust after you've lost, unless you live in the world of Naruto. Your friends will just pull strings for you to get you out of trouble.

I'm just not a fan of stories that set up heavy themes...and then just shy away from them. Especially in the ending arc.

4.5/10 overall
ipreferfoodanyway's avatar By on Oct 17, 2015

Alright, to say I'm a fan of Naruto is an understatement. However, I'm aware of the flaws, and the ups and downs.

The only legitament comlaint I've heard about Naruto is that it's too long. That's true. 700 chapters is a lot and there are many more episodes. I will always recommend the manga because the anime has fillers that can and will put people off of watching it. Now, I'm going to do my best NOT to spoil everything but still give a decent review. But, WArning mild SPOILERS.

Right, you can read the basic synopsis somewhere else so I'm going to jump right in.

The Naruto experience isn't for everyone. Some people just can't get into it. If you are into it then you know that it can suck out your soul and tease you with pairings right, left, and center. It can make you laugh, cry, rage all while keeping you hooked. The story line is steady and gives you just enough of all characters introduced to get you attached to at least one. The character deaths themselves may not get to you, but other characters reactions to the deaths will. All of the characters are relatable on some level, the way Kishsimoto writes about loneliness and hatred is truly amazing. The way it ends, is so clean. It's wrapped up in cute bow and if your personal OTP is cannon then you die happy. If not, well may I say, fanfiction exisits a link :enjoy.

Speaking of the characters here are some thoughts on them...

• Naruto Uzumaki: The protagonist, orphaned, and alone. Utterly hopeless sometimes and has to wokr for every skill he has. His character development is execellent. It's sweet and you'll honestly like him for him. He's an underdog and frankly sucks at everything at first. His dedication for the his dream is inspiring as his devotion to his friends. He believes there's good in everyone but it's not sappy feeling. It's a fierce belief and he'll kick someone's sorry butt to prove it. Something that gets to me, is his willingness to forgive. Sometimes, he hates doing it but he can. He can empathize with nearly everyone he's ever met and that's what makes him, Naruto. People can joke about his talk-no-jutsu, and his obsession with Sasuke all they want. But they can't deny that his words are powerful and have the ability to reach people, after he beats them senseless. Overall: An execellent main character and worth his salt. Believe it!

• Sasuke Uchiha: Secondary main character. Family slaughtered by his own older brother and a natural at nearly everything. Sasuke never has struggled the way other people have because he has special abilities. His sharingan unlocks his potential. However, there is and always kind of will be a darkness inside him that cannot be escaped. This does not mean however that he cannot love or be loved. And I think it's because he loves so fiercely, that he also hates with a greather passion. It's the way he lets go of his hatred and decides to pursue the truth that makes him a great rival for Naruto as well as a friend. Sasuke's equally loved and hated in the fandom and it's for good reason. Overall: A solid and deeply personal character that you will get attached to, either with hate or love.

• Sakura Haruno: Secondary main character. The only female main in the series that is truly sculpted into a beautiful piece of work. However, she is looked down upon in fandom for being weak, ridicoulus, sappy and pathetic. I personally, hate this view of her. She is the most human character in the series. She is the most relatable. She doesn't have a clan, or demon inside her, or any personal special techniques. She's is literally a regular person who has one of the highest IQs in the entire series. Her intellegence is staggering and underappreciated. She has an innate talent for chakra manipulation and she takes far. The way she loves Sasuke has been scoffed at, "He tried to kill her! WHY DOES SHE LOVE HIM?!" She always aspired to him. She always thought he was amazing. In the beginning it can be seen as puppy love, but as she develops it's something more. Sakura learns about who he is as a person and then falls in love with that. She can see past his angst and see the good inside when not even he can. The reason that people dislike her so much is because she cries the most out of every character. She has intense emotions inside her, that aren't shown in other characters. Her character development is, what I believe to be, the best of all characters in Naruto. She isn't as powerful as Naruto or Sasuke, but honestly power isn't everything. She's a beautiful person inside and out. Overall: Hating her in the beginning is normal, just get over it by part 2. Sakura is an excellent character and underrated.

Is Naruto the best thing ever? Honestly no. There's definately a pattern throughout the series but that doesn't mean it's bad. You appreciate it for what it is.

Do I love it? Yes. There's nothing more satisfying for me then to think about all the character development in the series.

Is the art good? It gets better. In the begnning it's very cartoonish and feeling lopsided almost. However the drawings she simplier and smoother over time and the end result is satisfying to say the least.

9.2/10 story
8.7/10 art
ThePhoenix23's avatar By on May 9, 2015

Note I have seen over 157 episodes of the anime.

I read 1 chapters

I own 5 volumes

Story:Before Naruto's birth, a great demon fox had attacked the Hidden Leaf Village. A man known as the 4th Hokage sealed the demon inside the newly born Naruto, causing him to unknowingly grow up detested by his fellow villagers. Despite his lack of talent in many areas of ninjutsu, Naruto strives for only one goal: to gain the title of Hokage, the strongest ninja in his village. Desiring the respect he never received, Naruto works toward his dream with fellow friends Sasuke and Sakura and mentor Kakashi as they go through many trials and battles that come with being a ninja.

Volume 1: Read 1 out of 7 chapters

Chapter 1:Naruto Uzumaki!! "4/5"

Volume 2 (Not yet read)

Volume 3 (Not yet read)

Volume 4 (Not yet read)

Volume 5 (Not yet read)

8.5/10 characters
Halibut's avatar By on Mar 1, 2015

Naruto is an excelent manga. It surpasses the anime and has a fast pace. It is not expensive to get if you buy it online. Art is nice it has good looking landscapes and characeters. Its fights are shorter than the anime, if you hate fillers in fights Dragon Ball Z is a good example the manga tends to cut to the action straight away. It looks very good on a shelf, if I would say anything save up for the naruto box set because you get 28 volumes for £85 on some sights and extra shit. Thanks for reading I hope I have given tips on how to go with this manga watch the anime first because its free thats what I did reading online is free asweel. Like follow and have a great day.

tennis101101's avatar By on Feb 2, 2015

I really like this manga because it has a good story line to it. I think that this manga has really good art to it. I like the details that both the characters and the scenary both have. Though in the begining chapters I think that art was a little down but in the new charpters it has amazing art to the characters. I think that this managa has some great characters to it. I like that some of the characters are out going and would do anything for other people no matteer what it would cost them. Over all this is a very good manga that if you like nija mangas then you might like this one. Also if you have watched the anime then you also miggt like to read this managa.

8.5/10 story