Naruto

Gabbie's avatar By Gabbie on Nov 7, 2014

The day has come... I may not have followed the story from the very beginning but it has still touched my heart in every way possible. Seeing every character grow up both physically and mentally has been a great honour. To have experienced the friendship and strong bonds between Sasuke and Naruto has taught me many things. I would really like to express my heartfull thanks to Masashi Kishimoto-sensei for giving me this extra life!

Now, that the series has ended, I just do not know what I should do. It is like where I was once whole a hole has replaced it. The end may have been predictable but that made the story even better. It was the perfect end to a perfect story! (On a side note - why can't he make Kakashi show his face? That has remained a mystery for years...)

I am really happy to know that this world will not die completely. But the great tale of Naruto Uzumaki is at its end. His adorable children and their friends will have big shoes to fill now.

Once again, thank you Masashi Kishimoto-sensei for giving this girl the chance to experience a fantastic world, for giving this girl the meaning of friendhip and love, and for giving this girl the most important things she has to know in life. Thank you for introducing me to the magical world called Manga and for being the first series I read and enjoy as fan. Thank you!

CourtneyTheUnicorn's avatar By CourtneyTheUnicorn on Nov 6, 2014

One of my favourite mangas and one of the first I ever read, and although I'm sad it's over, I feel as if it came to it's natural conclusion and ended in the best way it could have.

Rappelle's avatar By Rappelle on Nov 6, 2014

I've had to reserve judgement until the final ending came out. Now that it is here, I can safety and without a doubt state that the manga is not worth it.

Darker themes are brushed aside, as the ending we get is the Happily Ever After (yawn!). This is a world of ninja's...there are GOING to be dark themes associated with such a thing. Death, betrayal, child soliders...

Th story focuses so much on bringing one character back, that other characters suffer for it. I would rather have seen the village develop as a more close-knit group after the character's betrayal, and watch as our main characters cope with the fact that life is not fair (bloody hell, they live in a SHINOBI world).

Early story arc were actually interesting, but once you get to this last arc (the war arc), things just....detrail. The whole war just had so many random, silly things thrown in it was hard to me to take it seriously.

Anything that has been built upon, forget it. It's thrown out. Redemption (one of the most difficult things a person has to do after they betray their friends, in my opinion) is rushed. It just sort of happens. LOLWE'REFRIENDSAGAIN! I hardly bought it. It's all fine and dandy to believe in someone, even after such a thing has happened...but at a certain point it is destructive and unhealthy, and I'm left wondering if you're living in la-la land. It's so much harder to regain someone's trust after you've lost, unless you live in the world of Naruto. Your friends will just pull strings for you to get you out of trouble.

I'm just not a fan of stories that set up heavy themes...and then just shy away from them. Especially in the ending arc.

4.5/10 overall
inferain12's avatar By inferain12 on Feb 2, 2010

Twelve years before the events at the focus of the series, the nine-tailed demon fox attacked Konohagakure. It was a powerful demon indeed; a single swing of one of its nine tails would raise tsunamis and flatten mountains. It raised chaos and slaughtered many people, until the leader of the Leaf Village - the Fourth Hokage - defeated it by sacrificing his own life to seal the demon inside a newly-born child, whose origins are as yet unknown. That child's name was Naruto Uzumaki.

SwordsManIV's avatar By SwordsManIV on Dec 13, 2014

With the story of the series now come to a close, I feel that hole in my heart getting bigger once more. But with Naruto part 3 coming next year; the hole now feels whole and complete. I have mixed feelings with the manga through the series, but it still delivers to keep its fan base and me myself hooked to the very end.

At the start of the series the story felt short sighted becoming focused on Naruto himself quite a bit. Jumping back to Naruto after meeting each individual felt like I didn't get a chance to get to know the other side characters. Much like Shikamaru and Temari becoming part of the main story a lot latter on, (technically in Shippuden); but the flow with the introduction of each other character felt right at times

Both arcs the Zabuza and Haku arc and the Chunin Exam arc were great, but the only issue I had with the two arcs was that they were over way too fast without an explanation of what kind of relation of the characters. There also seems to be no middle ground in between arcs. A better way Kishimoto could have filled out between the two arcs was to introduce another team and introduce the characters to the viewer. A good idea could have gone like this, Naruto’s team were to go on a mission with another team that would become part of the main story later on. Much like with Neji and his team; he was a character that later would help make Naruto develop into the person to come.

The art of the series is beautifully done, just simply put. Overally the series still keeps its big three title and hods it greatly.

8.3/10 story