Kimi to Koi ni Ochiru Mahou de

IamCree's avatar By IamCree on Jan 14, 2011

The story concept sounded cute, but the delivery was fairly substanceless. Although it is common for female leads in shoujo mangas to look childlike, the lead in this one could have been no older than three. She looked like a three year old. Period. This made the premise of a sixteen-year-old girl moving to Tokyo to live on her own and join a bakery even less believable than at first it sounds. It also produced conflicting feelings in me when the male lead (a hormone-driven teenage boy) tried to make out with her the first time they met.

I LOVE baking, so you can imagine my disappointment when I had to force myself to read through to the end. I wish I could have believed any of the characters, but they were just two-dimensional pawns to tell a story. And then there was no story. For a slice of life, the fact that there is no point to the story can be ok, but with with no real character developement and no stunning art to make up for it, the manga fell flat. I can only guess that the high score for this came from 9 year-old girls who like a cute story, but there's better stuff out there! All in all, the "romance" lacked emotional depth and the story was not plausible. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't worth the read.

I feel generous with my overall score.

EDFF's avatar By EDFF on Mar 31, 2011

Story - 8/10
Ousawa Miko is a 16-year-old girl who loves bread. Especially when it's shaped cutely! One day she decides to apply for a job at St. Molly's bread store, but when she gets there, the person who hires her on is a cute boy her age! Although he makes fun of Miko's clumsiness, he seems to be genuinely kind. But when they find out they're neighbors, they grow even closer.

The story was a little cliche. Ive read about 4 stories with the main working in a restaurant/shop with 2 other male characters, ad they both fall for her. So it was very predictable. But me, I like stories like that, so an 8 is just fine. :D They story moved smoothly, had its cute moments, and had enough character development to end it without frayed ends.

Art -9/10
I love art like Kozue-Senseis. Cute, smooth and simple. Each character had their own design, not like some character who would all look the same. Each supporting character (like the kids and the old lady) looked unique and easy. The backgrounds were cute and vibrant, easy to tell what kind of place they were in. Even the bread looked good enough to eat.

Character -10/10
I always love good character development. This manga has that. Its not like they go from one extreme to another, just far enough to show they've changed. Each character was unique, had their own personality and even if they aren't memorable, they're cute anyways. xD

Overall - 10/10
I'm a natural shoujo freak, so of course I liked this type of story. if you liked stories like: Kitchen Princess, Shiawase Kissa 3-choume, Beauty Pop & Petit Four, you will totally like this. It's short, sweet, has a good ending, and if you're a glutton like me, then you might just get hungry reading it.