Kare Kano

shinayda's avatar By on Dec 10, 2015

Secret Santa Review 2015

Yukino Miyaza is a girl who is good at everything. She looks like a perfect girl you have seen. Like she is always have a perfect in exams, Good in sports, cooking,music and more. But the only thing she only want is to be praised by others. But there's only one thing you dont know about her. She has this double appearance that everyone doesnt know and shoudnt be known or else her popularity will go down. If ever she will be at the house of hers, her appearance will turn out not as what u expected to be. But there's only one person who have seen this another appearance of hers and its Soichiro Arima her rival in studies and Yukino wants to beat him someday. Yukino didnt expect to let Arima see what her wearing now but when Yukino though she will be blackmailed by him but nope Arima confess she likes Yukino and whats to get closer with her. Thats also a shock to Yukino since a rival of her that always want to beat him confess that she likes her and its Arima that is so popular to girls, having the highest rank in kendo, and always got in the first place. That is also once in a lifetime to everyone. And thats how Yukino's life began to change.

But then! Arima has a double him or a hidden self that his dark past tries to come back and ruined his happy life. A past that he wants to forget those pain that he have been through those abuse, and hurt that let him suffer. Will Yukino know why Arima is been acting like this.. When she thought they are close to each other already but it feels like she is far away from him.. from away from the darkness.. While she is in light.. Will they handle what awaits from them?

Art:

Well for the art,. I really like the art tho. I like how they add chibi parts or comedies that didnt failed me to laugh. And the mood is going on. But theres a part that I hate a bit how they exaggerate too much theyre shoulder and body sometimes. But it was still okay actually I really wasnt looking if this manga have a good art or not but I only want to see how this story is heading.

I already like all the characters as well as the side characters since each of the characters always have a view whats theyre past and each of theyre friends cherish each other. It looks like ive got to know the characters more aside from the main characters. They also have each side stories how they find romance. and my fav character is Shibahime I like how she is tiny and doll-like. Well theyre first meeting wasnt that good. But Yukino didnt expect that she could have better friend she ever imagined to be.

Overall

At first, I really did thought this story is all about cheery and happyand stuff too joyful when I start reading some few chapters and there's a part didnt failed me to laugh. Actually I was wrong when im in the middle part im shocked on how things are going on. Like this manga giving me sort of mood swings. Well I really didnt expect there's like that coming actually i thought like theyre will be a girl try to ruined theyre relationship (theres some in a few chaps.) .. and those predictable scenarios but nope.

All in all I love this manga! It was a long ride but it was worth reading so many lesson I have learned But except for some stuff. Even do its a 102 chaps Its really worth reading seriously! so if ever ur bored read this manga now!

Aominecchi's avatar By on Nov 12, 2015

WARNING: SPOILERS

I probably should have taken more note of that psychological tag before I started reading this manga. I didn't think it would be THAT psychological, but boy was I wrong. I went into this manga knowing nothing about it. As soon as I started reading it, I thought it was going to be all sunshine and flowes the whole way through, but nope.

I realize that this sounds like I'm hating on this manga, but I actually really loved it. It made me really feel a part of what was happening. When Arima started to remember his past, it really made me nervous and kind of scared as to what was going to happen next. This manga took me on an emotional rollercoaster that was fun and enjoyable. I can't wait to read it again.

Also in the last chapter, all I saw was the panel where it said Arima died and so I started freaking out, but then I kept reading and realized that he was still alive and well.

corinthiamcginty's avatar By on Mar 5, 2015

the story was wonderful.  i didnt like the artwork but the storyline is great. it took me on an emotinal rollercoaster. if you like this i recommend baby and me or emma

melancholicartist's avatar By on Dec 6, 2014

I found the anime and manga to be both delightful. I am a fan of when things go canon with each other, and I found the anime followed the manga quite nicely. I wish it would have been fully finished to give the series justice. As for the manga, I found the art to be stunningly beautiful and always a joy to see. The story could have been slightly slow or predictable at times, but I found out that the relationships and characters justified the flaws of the story. i would highly recommend it.

soulofdamnation's avatar By on Jun 5, 2012

I liked the series. I found it very refreshing from only reading shounen for a few months. It was a great read.