Kandachime

Drahken's avatar By Drahken on Oct 13, 2009

A good balance of plot and action. Not much to say about it, nothing stands out much as specifically good nor bad, but the overall impact is quite good.

Hiyapeeps's avatar By Hiyapeeps on Feb 2, 2010

Kandachime is your typical shounen manga; good fights, a bit of fan service, a hint of romance, weak male protagonist + weird power + gaining strength over time, slightly weak plot development... you know the drill, and with not much to set it apart from any other manga in the genre, it comes a cross as decent, but nonetheless average.

The story can feel forced at times, the odd conveniently placed enemy at just the wrong or right time is a little too perfect, though most of the time you won't notice it. Lets just say, this isn't a manga with a massively strong story, though it keeps your interest pretty well and has a few interesting plot twists with a few hinted to come, so, it has great potential all in all.

As for the artwork; its pretty much typical for that genre, nothing that stands out as amazing but easy on the eye and the characters are nicely drawn... art isn't my strong point k? Its good enough for me thats all i need.

The characters are definitely the best aspect, though some dialect can seem a bit forced, the characters are generally believable and most importanly, likeable. The backgrounds aren't very well explained yet, but there are some small hints shown to keep you going, and theres a lot of room for development, just hope mangaka does us proud =)

So, thinking of reading this? Sure, its worth a read, you might even love it, i enjoyed it myself and am hoping for some quick releases soon.

6.5/10 story