Kamichama Karin

nasreen10's avatar By on Jun 25, 2010

Story: It's a very cute story filled with romance, drama and comedy. I could parts of it a little confusing but there is a sequel to answer those mysteries. The pacing was done well and I wasn't bored. I wanted to keep reading which is always a good thing. It kind of reminds me of Shugo Chara. There are plenty of twists to keep the story exciting and some very amusing and unpredictable scene. It can be a bit cloying at times but not enough to bring down the series. Even older people might find it very enjoyable. However, the action scenes are a little disappointing but, what can I say, action isn't really a driving point in the series.

Art: Cute chibis. They are freaking adorable. Sometimes the eyes are just too much but generally I was overcome with the cuteness radiating from Kamichama Karin. Well done characters which are nice eye candy. The outfits were a bit too cutesty for my taste. It was just sometimes too much ruffles and even the males costumes were a bit too girly. Backgrounds were pretty generic. Emotions were done well. However, all in all, it was easy on the eyes.

Characters: We've got some fairly stereotypical characters in this series but they're still done well. Their development is surprising and they really embodied more good then evil, especially the villians.They were cute and predictable but still lovable. They get annoying sometimes but never unbearable.

Overall: Really nice shoujo. Embodies cuteness and if you want something light and fluffy, it will not disappoint. Great romance for those who are yearning from some sweet pure love. I would probably read it again and I would definitely recommend this.

6.5/10 characters