Girls of the Wild's

on

this had a very promising start the main characters are jaegu and the girls surrounding him. I though this was a great manga up until jaegu spoiled literally everything. The girls went their separate ways with new love interests or far away in distant land leaving jaegu boring and alone.

the art was the only thing making me read this as its so beautiful to look at.

on

The story is really good with almost every ingredient in it, like from emotions to love to fights. The art style is also quite different and refreshing. I got hooked to the story and following it weekly. You can read the chapter in your phone through "Line Webtoon" app. Since all the chapters are colourful, they look really beautiful unlike the regular black n white one. I think anybody who is looking forward to read the manga, i say try it atleast once. You will really love it after following 10 to 15 chapters.

on

***This is a spoiler free review***

Regardless of what you read past this point I highly recommend you give this Korean Manhwa a shot. The beginning and middle arcs are some of the best that I have yet to encounter. That is why it is so unfortunate that it falls apart in the ending stride.

Story: 6/10

Honestly the main driving force of the show is always related to Jaegu getting through tough fucking situations. He is pinned against a wall and needs to overcome it. Sometimes he does it on his own and sometimes it is with the help of his friends. We these situations are playing out (almost the entire beginning and a lot of the middle part) it is super enthralling and a blast to read. However all of this ends for some melodramatic love issues in the final 60 or so chapters. Everything that made the story great gets chopped up and forgotten. If you have feelings towards some of the main characters you will stomach the whole series but if you happen to not like the characters in the main focus at the end you will find it hard to finish this series out.

Art: 9/10

A lot of people comment on how abrasive a lot of these Korean Manhwas look like compared to Japanese Manga. This series and Tower of God have a very stylistic art style that does take a while to get used to but once you get to that point you will truly admire what you are looking at. This series in particular has absolutely stellar quality all the way through. The backgrounds, the character models, the fight scenes, they are all amazing.

Characters: 7/10

I wish I could give a score for the first two parts of the story and separate out the ending but I cannot. The characters start out very interesting and full of surprises but once you see the same bits play out over and over again (the worst offender being Daldal) you will begin to rely more and more on the story elements to drive the comic. This works for awhile until the horrible ending arc comes into play. I'm giving this a 7 instead of a 5 because of how awesome and mysterious the characters were in the first 190 or so chapters.

The character interactions are really good; both funny and interesting. It is just unfortunate that the story was dragged out as long as it was. You could honestly stop reading once you reach the end of season one.

Overall: 7.3/10

That last paragraph of the characters category sums this series up pretty well; read until the end of season one. That part of the story is super interesting, enthralling, action-packed, and chalk full of character development. The art is always amazeballs with clear direction and purpose. I just wish that the ending wasn't as bad as it was. It is totally worth a read regardless of how much I am harping on the ending. Take a weekend day to read through this one then go on and start reading Tower of God, you won't regret it.

Beginning/middle Enjoyment: 10/10

Ending Enjoyment: 4/10

Thanks for reading my review! If you liked my writing style, would like to see some other reviews, or just want to talk, please stop by my page!

Sincerely,