Faster Than a Kiss

Alt titles: Kisu yori mo Hayaku

meitanteiyana's avatar By meitanteiyana on May 5, 2012

well, the story is very good! i don't know if the others think like me, but i must admit that this is one of the best manga i'd ever red! i wonder why some stopped in reading Faster than a Kiss, but at least many people love this manga :).

the story is unique, romantic, funny, and it's like it happened in real life. it is not like the other mangas i red that was romantic, then .... well, it's hard to explain. But here in Faster than a Kiss, the mix of emotions is well done. the emotions i felt changed everytime i red every happening they experienced. the surge of romance, then it will be followed by humor, until sadness and anger ( yup... i was angry and sad at some parts of it ;) ) came in, and transform back to romance... making it more lovable.

i highly recommend this manga to everyone who wants romance, humor, and unique storyline! i mean, really. ^^

cookiesandcrim's avatar By cookiesandcrim on Dec 31, 2012

This manga was pretty amazing to read. I as a person, generally love the whole student/teacher relationship concept since it's pretty much a taboo in schools in Japan.

Fumino was all in all, your typical half tsundere/delinquent girl. Her personality often clashed with her real feelings so it kind of made me frustrated when she would reject Kazuma's advances to make physical contact with her even though that was what she truly wanted. Kazuma was a light-hearted and funny character having a switch on/off mode. When he's a Sensei at school, he's slightly ditzy and nice person but then those rare times come when he's serious with Fumino and holds a different side to him. The other characters were enjoyable as well but the story seemed to mainly revolve between the development of the relationship between these two so the other characters weren't known too well in depth from my perception.

Art: The art was what you would find typically in many mangas. It was nothing fancy but it was still neatly drawn and the characters were pleasing to the eye so there was nothing really wrong with the art.

The plot was very unrealistic but then again, basically most plots in shoujo mangas are. It flowed well, but I felt that having Kazuma's brother as another love rival was unnecessary to the plot. Kazuma's brother should've more served as a character who had a conflict with Kazuma himself only. No need to add a love triangle to complicate things when it was obvious that Kazuma and Fumino's feelings were mutual.

A happy ending and the romantic/cute moments between Kazuma and Fumino was well worth the read. I would definitely recommend this manga if you're looking for some light-hearted reading with some romantic comedy. (: <3

7.5/10 characters