Dance in the Vampire Bund

deejaydave's avatar By on May 17, 2015

I am a massive fan of this series, including the spin of stories "Memories of Sledge Hammer" and "Dive in the Vampire Bund".

The story, for me, is character and plot driven in equal measures. For instance Princess Mina can be hard and cruel, but also has a compassionate side to her. All the main characters have this pseudo-duality about them, which makes them more endearing and more interesting. The plot(s) of the series make you want to keep reading (evidence of which is my purchasing the omnibus editions also, so I can read for longer without putting the book down as often), Each plot line delineates a character or characters and it is this that creates a compelling series that, I feel, will be read for a very long time.

Tamaki Nozumu is one of my favourite manga artists. I have read many of his publications and will continue to do so.

sam105's avatar By on Feb 19, 2015

I find this story very heart warming. The story is about bonds, either it's friendship, love or blood-pacts between vampires. Each and every volume is good in it's own way but in some cases i find it hard for Yuki since she also loves Akira but now it seems like her love was never been important in the first place since everything revolves around Mina. I hope in the upcoming series she will also get some central role in the story arc and become a more important character.

Still there are many mysteries to uncover from the first arc, which i think will be done in the upcoming "Dance In The Vampire Bund 2 - Scarlet Order". The design of characters and the story execution feels great.

phantomit's avatar By on Apr 1, 2010

i really liked this story i found it to be very enjoyable. the ideas that Nozomu Tamaki uses to describe an alliance between the vampires and werewolves was a brilliant idea while most of the media has them pitted against one another he has a traditional "family serving family like scenario that is common in many other anime, and there isn't much suppression on the vampires part to make the wolfs want to cause and uprising so this factor is completely removed. the main characters are very likeable, Mina Tepes and Akira. they have well written personalities. Although Mina is a loli she is still has the personalty and intelligence of someone her age she isn't full of herself  Nozomu Tamaki created her to become one of my most favorite characters of all tme. Akira is a strong willed character and a good male protagonist because he's isnt a little bitch, hes not afraid to risk his life for his love and will do anything to save her from her distress against all the odds in the world if h has to. i was never disappointed by this series and i dont think you will ether.