Claymore

GoranVanHellsing's avatar By on Aug 1, 2015

Story NO SPOILERS HERE! DON'T WORRY! :D

This is heck of a story,absolutely one of my fav. out there.

Its sad and at the same time intriguing.

It just makes you read more and more until you find the ending.

My personal opinion is that u should try it.

Not believe me well u should look others reviews and see for yourself. :D

Art

About art eh, Norihiro could do more about faces of womens and some stuff but overall but when it comes to fight you will now what its about.

Like i said i think he mostly focused on battle but thing over thing what the most important is story characters comes later.

Overall

I know i didnt explained much (sorry) i just wanted to give you guys some my personal expresions thats all.

Above else CLAYMORE is so worth reading.

:D

thor123's avatar By on Nov 10, 2014

Claymore is one of my favourite fantasy manga. Oddly enough, it's by the mangaka of Angel Densetsu, which is a... delinquent comedy in a high school setting. Well, I liked that one too, and it shows versatility on the author's part that he can pull of both comedies and "darker" manga.

Story and characters

On the surface, Claymore is a manga about the half-monster Clare who goes around somewhat merrily (since she never looks particularly happy), slaying Yoma, a kind of monsters. Or more accurately, it's about several women (yes, women - so if you don't like those you should get out) who slay monsters, after a gloomy organisation called "The Organization" (yep, I'm not kidding) had changed them. And because they wield big-ass claymores, the public calls them "Claymores" - or silver-eyed witches, because the changes give them silver eyes. This seemingly overly simplistic story where monsters get killed is all you get to see in the first couple of chapters.

But it picks up. Boy, does it pick up. As I learned more about these Claymores, about this world, about the organization, I found myself unable to put it down. The plot showed itself, and it was a lot more complex than I initially expected. The characters were fleshed out and developed, making me actually care for them - heck, I even ended up liking Raki, a notoriously whiney broken record. And the fights were pretty cool too.

Art

The art in Claymore great too, especially when getting closer to the end. Scenery, monster designs, action scenes,... they all look great.

The biggest criticism I always hear is that the faces of the characters all look the same. While this isn't quite true, I have to agree that the differences are often quite subtle. The fact that the huge amount of female characters can't look too different because of plot-related reasons also plays a part in that.

Overall

Claymore is one of my favourite manga, especially when it comes to action/fantasy series. I strongly recommend giving this one a try.

9.8/10 characters
9.3/10 overall
komentar's avatar By on Oct 13, 2014

One of the great manga out there.. absolutely must read. Many manga have great story line but bad at ending.. This one is absolutely not fall into those categories

SAOJack's avatar By on Dec 29, 2012

Been reading it for a long time and it really is a great manga (if you want to read the manga DO NOT watch the anime - they wrapped up the ending very quickly and re-wrote the events of the manga which is still being written)

Mastap21's avatar By on Nov 12, 2011

One of the best manga currently running. A wonderful story with epic battles. This is one manga that truly puts it's anime counterpart to shame. If you haven't read it, then you are missing out...

9.5/10 art