Captive Hearts

Alt titles: Toraware no Minoue

chihinoke22's avatar By chihinoke22 on Dec 31, 2009

A family curse crossed with a love story. A servent, forced to be a servent? and a princess who is japanese raised in China. What do you think of that? I don't know about you, but I found it very interesting.

Megumi has the blood of Kuroishi in him, which means once he meets anyone from the Kogami family he is forced to do anything they tell him to do even by accident.

Suzuka is the heir in the Kogami family that was living in China until now. She is back home.

What happens between these two is very very interesting.

9.2/10 overall
DuskFey's avatar By DuskFey on Feb 2, 2012

Manga in 200 Words: Captive Hearts

Premise: Two families have been bound together for generations by a curse placed on one family by the guardian spirit of the other. Our protagonist has been completely guarded from the curse due to an accident which claimed the lives of almost everyone from the main family. Unfortunately, one girl survived, and when she returns home, everything changes.

The Curse: This would be HORRIBLE to live with, but it’s kind of fun to laugh at poor Megumi’s expense when he meets Suzuka. I like that people can resist the curse (to an extent), if only because it makes the curse more endurable for everyone, and I haven’t heard that idea before.

Humor: It’s primarily caused by the butler fits, which are exaggerated for effect. It’s hard not to laugh at the poor guy’s reaction every time that he’s finally released from one, though.

Romance: There are some solid moments and memorable panels, but it’s not likely to overwhelm you.

Overall: Captive Hearts is a solid shoujo manga; it’s not the best, but it’s strong enough to hold an audience until the end. If you have a quiet afternoon, why not read this short series?

6.5/10 story