Captive Hearts

Alt title: Toraware no Minoue

Manga in 200 Words: Captive Hearts
Premise: Two families have been bound together for generations by a curse placed on one family by the guardian spirit of the other. Our protagonist has been completely guarded from the curse due to an accident which claimed the lives of almost everyone from the main family. Unfortunately, one girl survived, and when she returns home, everything changes.

The Curse: This would be HORRIBLE to live with, but it’s kind of fun to laugh at poor Megumi’s expense when he meets Suzuka. I like that people can resist the curse (to an extent), if only because it makes the curse more endurable for everyone, and I haven’t heard that idea before.
Humor: It’s primarily caused by the butler fits, which are exaggerated for effect. It’s hard not to laugh at the poor guy’s reaction every time that he’s finally released from one, though.
Romance: There are some solid moments and memorable panels, but it’s not likely to overwhelm you.
Overall: Captive Hearts is a solid shoujo manga; it’s not the best, but it’s strong enough to hold an audience until the end. If you have a quiet afternoon, why not read this short series?

6.5/10 story