Cage of Eden

Alt titles: Eden no Ori

thor123's avatar By thor123 on Nov 10, 2014

pretty good story, with interesting insights in the psychology of the people that get stranded on an "island of death". However, the ending was too god**** sudden (apparently because a lack of popularity) and thus, too many things are never explained.

all in all, a  good manga gone to waste because of the bad ending

lagomorph's avatar By lagomorph on Mar 19, 2012

Based on reading the first volume, Cage of Eden has a Hackneyed plot premise that reads like a 3rd rate "Lost" ripoff. I was bored and the characters were mostly uninspiring. The dinosaur chase scene was so predictable as to be completely unengaging. Will not be continuing this series.

animewatcher487's avatar By animewatcher487 on Jul 7, 2012

cage of eden is a new spin on the jurassic genere.

Why should you read this manga

• this manga has a variety of genere

It has a survial theme that shows how complete strangers come together

to surive

and it also has some other minor themes like romance , horror , and Psychological

so bascically if you are a fan of lost are other survial shows this is a manga for you

ShogunAssassin's avatar By ShogunAssassin on Jun 2, 2012

In my honest opinion, this is a fantastic manga for Shounen readers!  For many people, it might make you think of it as a mix between LOST and Jurassic Park, which isn't a bad thing.  It has a great feeling of survival and mystery to it and you cna tell the romance progresses steadily.  There is also a few comic relief characters in it that make the mood just right... for guys that is.

magoo123's avatar By magoo123 on Dec 1, 2011

my first review!!!!

i choose this manga as my first review since i was in charge of translating a few chapters (most noticablly chapter 105, check on mangafox or baoto or our website http://www.deathtollscans.com)

anyway, that's enough advertising :P, let's get on with the review

i thought the story at the beginning is a bit crap... since it seems like a rip off of LOST, and repeat itself quite alot.

but then from chapter 100 onwards the story took a deep dive and introduced more elements of mystery, especially, the truth behind the island they stranded on. normally i would give it a 6/10, but im being a bit biased here coz i really like survival mangas.

i thought the art were top class, and that's the end for art review :P

moving on to characters, the character traits, i thought are pretty good even though they are a bit cliche- a couragous kid as a leader, a super clever kid, a semi-tsundere girl who's gonna get on with the main character, a girl who's a master at martial arts, a useless gril with big boobs... i shalln't go on.

and the character relationships i thought was spot on. now i would give examples, but then i wont be able to stop, and dont wanna spoiler the story too much for someone that's not up to date.

so overall, a 8/10 and a great series to work on and dont forget to like our scanlation group on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Death-Toll-Scanlations/284902774883434

(GOD!!! I NEED TO STOP ADVERTISING US SO MUCH!!!!!)