Blood+

bollier's avatar By bollier on Nov 24, 2010

This series was produced after the Blood+ anime had finished its run.  As you can probably guess, reducing a 90+ episode anime into a 5 volume manga isn't going to result in the world's best story.  I'm not saying the story is bad.  As a matter of fact, The manga does differ from the anime on many plot points, and this individuality is something I think improves it's quality.  Fans of the series can read it, and not know every single thing that's going to happen.  The artwork is attractive, yet at the same time can be a little simplistic.  The characters can be seen the same way.  If you've actually seen the anime, then you can add a couple of points to the character score.  In the manga, they are a little undeveloped, but this won't be a problem for someone who knows them already.  This manga is an interesting adaptation of the anime overall, yet it does have its flaws.  Fans of the anime (such as myself) might get a kick out of it, but those new to the series might not enjoy it as much.

TooRedneck2Care's avatar By TooRedneck2Care on Mar 5, 2011

Title: Blood +/Blood Plus

Author: Katsura Asuka

Artist: Katsura Asuka

Genre(s): Action, Supernatural, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Shounen

Summary: Under the care of her adoptive family, Saya Otonashi has been living the life of an anemic and amnesiac, but otherwise ordinary schoolgirl. Saya's happy life is shattered when she is attacked by a chiropteran, learning that she is the only one who can defeat them.

Armed with her katana, Saya embarks on a journey with her family, allies, and her chevalier, Haji, to rid the world of chiropteran and rediscover her identity. The course of the journey reveals the background history of the chiropterans and Saya's deep past, which extends into the mid-19th century.

Addictional Information: In my option, I believe anime series is much better than reading by manga. Dued to several reasons, first in manga the story is a lot shorter than the animated series. Practically, a summary comparing to animated series. Missing out an important climax and basic needs for more explanations of how the story unfold. Finally, unlike the anime did comparing to manga. Therefore, that is my reasons of why I believes that anime is much better than manga. Even though I think that the whole thing is a little too short. However, the story still managed to keep me entertained, an anime worthy of your time.

SerriaNightshade's avatar By SerriaNightshade on May 10, 2011

STORY 10/10

A very unique way to have a story! It was some new way to look at vampires and exactly what is the true meaning of a monster. It had a very nice flow in the plot and was easy to keep up with and easy to read. It kept you on your toes and gave you a sense of connection with the main character, Saya.

CHARACTERS 9/10

I rather enjoyed this manga it had a very unique personality for each character and the main character was a new way to look at somebody who is forced to become a hero. The only thing I hated a lot was the character Kai. He always was risking getting them all killed if you ask me. He was annoying and his sense of needing to protect his younger sister who wasn't his sister and didn't NEED his help was almost unbearable to me.

ART 8/10

The art could have had a little mre work done but other than that it was made fairly well. Personaly I would have liked a little more screen tone to it. But when the author got to the fighting scenes it was just WOW! They were very detailed in really important scenes but it would have been nice to have more detail in the more every page parts.

I also liked how it had just enough romance in it between my two favorite characters! ^^I seriously enjoyed reading this!

The anime

The anime to this is similar but a lot of things are different like what happens in the end and about how and when or it the people die or not. The anime basically is a elongated part of which the manga didn't show and a different way of which things would have ended!

I suggest watching and reading the manga for they are both great reads and watches! ^^