Beast Master

ffbfran's avatar By ffbfran on Oct 14, 2014

This is the first manga I ever read. No seriously. I read a sample online, I bought and read it like 3 more times over the next couple of weeks then I branched out and became manga obsessed. Now i have a bookshelf. It made that big of an impression. Seriously its sweet and romantic and the characters demand hugs, or at least I felt like hugging them all as I read. It could be that I am a great big sucker but even so its amazing. Romance was never so sweet and innocent.

Kraecha's avatar By Kraecha on Oct 29, 2009

I was never a big fan of shoujo manga, but "Beast Master" changed that. This story, although being incredibly sweet and funny is differet from typical shoujo stories.

First of all, the main heroin, Yuiko, isn't a weak girl who fell in love on first sight with the most popular guy. In fact, it's quite the opposite - this girl is very intelligent and kind, she loves animals (but animals seem to hate her). One day (while trying to catch a cat) she meets Leo - a weird, scary looking guy, who doesn't know anything about living in modern Japan, as he spent most of his life in a jungle, fighting with wild animals...

The plot is really amazing - the characters are natural and easy to like and their story is really interesting. Of course, they also have a few sweet moments that make you squeal with joy, but in this manga you'll also see some bloody (although not too much) fight and yakuza.

The artwork is simply magnificent - Motomi Kyousuke once again showed us his talent and drew beautiful characters and their surroundings. It makes the manga really easy to read and very eye-catching. And, another big plus, as the author is a man, you won't see many "shoujo-flowers" on the pages of "Beast Master". Everything is perfectly balanced.

Overall, I think this is one of best mangas, or at least a definite must for someone, who want to read something nice, that will make you dream of your own romance just like this one of Yuiko and Leo.

lalalollipop's avatar By lalalollipop on Jun 19, 2010

I loved this manga so much.The charater Leo reminded me a lot of L in death note (death note fan girl).He was so cute and sexy at the same time.It was actually a very funny manga.I thought it would be very serious.The main reason I love this manga is it involves animal and it is a heart warming romance.My fav character as you could guess is Leo.He's so cute when he is sad.He's like a puppy.READ THIS MANGA!!! XD

starweaver's avatar By starweaver on Apr 13, 2010

I thought this was a really good manga!  The characters were so adorable and it was funny and romantic.  I highly reccomend this to anyone who loves adorable characters, funny moments, and romance.

Peaches's avatar By Peaches on Jun 18, 2012

OMG THIS WAS SOOOOOO CUTE~! I dont usually like romance manga but when i read this I completely fell in love with it! Leo is soooooo adorable <3 I wnat a boyfriend like him!! I totally recomend this manga its sooooooo cute <3 one of my faveorites