Another

thor123's avatar By thor123 on Nov 10, 2014

This story started out as something interesting, but starting halfway it just gets more and more confusing and it's less and less clear what they are talking about. The ending also came too damn sudden. I felt like the mangaka completely lost interest in the story.

Wolfis's avatar By Wolfis on Nov 9, 2014

Another is a wonderful thriller manga with plenty of blood for the average horror fan. The series has a not so original final destination-ish story, with some amazing twists and original ideas. The summery at the top does a great job of summerizing the plot, it is only missing the fact that his classmates are telling him Mei Misaki does not exist. The art is a masterpiece, every panel is and artistic adventure, the death scenes are perfectly drawn to show the fear and disgust of the other characters. The Characters in the story are by all means normal people, except for Mei of course, it is quite great that this was done with normal people as it make the story far more realisitic and enjoyable. Overall this is a manga worth reading for anyone who enjoys a good thriller or mystery, or if you want to get into the genre.

flyingmongoose's avatar By flyingmongoose on Jul 21, 2014

WARNING: SPOILERS MAY ENSUE.

No time for one of those fancy-shmancy in-depth reviews, so I’ll be pulling a Blitzkrieg on this one.

-Plot

There is a class curse from which people die as a result. Ghosts ‘n shit.

-Cons

The only issue I have in regard to this short series called Another is that people tend to ostracize it; they dislike it so much that the series ended up being generally considered as a waste of time, boring, disappointing, and a title “to be avoided”. You don’t like it? Fine, but at least it doesn’t have unnecessary fan service.

-Pros

What I really enjoyed about Another is how “Final Destination” it was in the matter of having tons of carnage; which is something that goes well with a slasher story.That’s pretty much it, really. Overall, I like how this work is a hybrid of old slasher films and the paranormal.

Potatoe's avatar By Potatoe on Mar 28, 2012

Quite interesting I was willing to watch it because of the fact that they decided to pretend she still was still alive. Although I was quite baffled when Misaki and Sakakiba were talking - about the "Dead one","The other one","Non-existence" and so forth, I just couldn't understand!. But! It became clear to me when they had declared that Reiko was the "Dead one". Other than that it was awesome! The fact that they had the intention to kill each other because of the suspision of "The Dead one" got me tingling with excitement. End

7.5/10 story