Another

Transporter's avatar By Transporter on Sep 1, 2014

In the 1972, a popolar student named Misaki died accidentally during the school year. The students of her class, the 3-3 of the Yomiyama Nord, remain shocked for the loss: they decided to fake that she is still alive. In the next year, some studend died accidentally, even in the 3-3 class. In the spring of 1998, a 15 year old boy, Kouichi Sakakibara, moved from Tokyo to Yomiyama, and go to school in the same 3-3 class, but he skips school the first few weeks because of a pneumothorax. In the hospital, he receives the visit of his classmates, who treated him in a strange way, and meets a girl who is named Misaki Mei, also attending the 3-3 class. Once discharged from hospital, the boy return to school, and noticed that Misaki is treated as if she don't exist. Anytime he asks something at his classmates, they answers that they don't know who is Misaki. So, he decides to investigate.

An intriguing story, a mix of thriller and a bit of horror. The final twists will not miss!

STORY - 7.3/10

Interesting and mysterious at first, a bit more bizarre and boring with continue. The merit of keep the reader on toes, however, is to recognize.

ART - 7.5/10

Artistically intrigued at various points and arguments, even if it never give the idea of being able to "take the fly" and emerge from the usual manga.

CHARACTERS - 7.1/10

Great character Misaki Mei; a little less, the other main protagonist, Kouichi Sakakibara, which is still interesting. Others not disappoint and not show great thickness

OVERALL - 7.2/10

7.3/10 story
7.5/10 art
7.1/10 characters
7.3/10 overall
flyingmongoose's avatar By flyingmongoose on Jul 21, 2014

WARNING: SPOILERS MAY ENSUE.

No time for one of those fancy-shmancy in-depth reviews, so I’ll be pulling a Blitzkrieg on this one.

-Plot

There is a class curse from which people die as a result. Ghosts ‘n shit.

-Cons

The only issue I have in regard to this short series called Another is that people tend to ostracize it; they dislike it so much that the series ended up being generally considered as a waste of time, boring, disappointing, and a title “to be avoided”. You don’t like it? Fine, but at least it doesn’t have unnecessary fan service.

-Pros

What I really enjoyed about Another is how “Final Destination” it was in the matter of having tons of carnage; which is something that goes well with a slasher story.That’s pretty much it, really. Overall, I like how this work is a hybrid of old slasher films and the paranormal.

Potatoe's avatar By Potatoe on Mar 28, 2012

Quite interesting I was willing to watch it because of the fact that they decided to pretend she still was still alive. Although I was quite baffled when Misaki and Sakakiba were talking - about the "Dead one","The other one","Non-existence" and so forth, I just couldn't understand!. But! It became clear to me when they had declared that Reiko was the "Dead one". Other than that it was awesome! The fact that they had the intention to kill each other because of the suspision of "The Dead one" got me tingling with excitement. End

7.5/10 story