Ai Kora

Alt titles: Love & Collage

iceblue007's avatar By iceblue007 on Oct 24, 2010

A manga that is definitely worth reading as it encompasses a character who sets out a journey to find the perfect girl who had the perfect/ideal parts he was looking for. Upon arriving at Tokyo, Hachibei Maeda finds himself living in a shed near a girls' dorm in which each of the girls who lived there had one of his ideal parts. Will he be able to choose one among them? Find it out yourselves!

TsundereloverMoka's avatar By TsundereloverMoka on Jul 17, 2012

Ai Kora, or more commonly refered to as Ai Kora, is a great manga to read. The main protaganist Hachibe Maeda, who has a strange fetish for different girls body parts and is a self proclaimed pervert who will protect the women whoes parts he loves. I found the manga to be hilarious, generally when one reads comedy,romance,eechi, and harem mangas they tend to get pretty stale. Ai Kora gave us a wide array of diverse and intriguing characters that formed a sense of growth throught the series.

I am disappointed that it ened, but it had a good ending in the end. My one major concern was the lack odf animation. The series has yet to be animated apparently. I distinctly remeber watching the anime a few years ago. Maybe the manga was so good, I just could see the anime. I'm not sure.

Thrawn's avatar By Thrawn on Sep 1, 2013

Story: Ai Kora, a heartwarming tale about a guy who loves parts. I don't just mean an ass-man or a titty fiend, this is a guy with class and expectations, specific taste and a gourmet palette. He wants a specific kind of bust, eyes, legs ass neck waist etc etc. Each part needs to be a specific size and shape and this form of fetish is aptly called "Parts love". The series runs on this theme and is the absolute driving force behind his actions (Lets call him Maeda) and his need to protect and desire for said parts is also a running theme in the chapters within the series. Of course there's ecchi, that goes without saying, but it's good ecchi. Not the depraved kind but mostly in a comedic sense or in a way that will quickly lead to divine retribution and harassment (Sexual and non) is usually followed by an ass wupping. The character may vary on that one.

With the running theme in place, it may get tiresome but it's not simply about Hachibei (Also Maeda) lusting and protecting, we also get chapters to develop said parts. The manga takes some time outside of it's pervy, borderline sexual harassment tone to deepen the gals and new additions. There's motives, backstory, chemistry and believe it or not, it also goes to show that Hachibei cares. He's not simply a perv, he's a perv with a heart, a desire to make these gals happy. Actually kinda sweet.

It does have a nice balance of comedy and heartwarming bits, seeded with malicious (Comedic and pervy) intentions and showing that Hachibei isn't alone in his love for parts. Some of the most humorous moments come from his rivals and allies in love for said parts. The characters introduced there are fun and entertaining and mesh well with Hachibei, moving the plot along with comedy.

Art: It has charm and it doesn't overcomplicate things. Not sparse and yet not overly detailed. Reactions are sometimes (A lot of the times) cartoonish and definitely comedic as things are just either overblown or there's plenty of action onscreen. Feel fast-paced whenever Hachibei is around to stir up the pot. Really can't fault it as I loved the style.

Characters: At first they're merely what they are; parts and a single theme to define them. But then we get backstory to add meat to their bones and make them more than just names. How they react to Hachibei's intrusion into their lives and how he alters those around him with his zealous love for parts. The residents of the girls dorm and adjacent shed become more as the manga moves on and even secondaries got development and are more than just foils and characters meant strictly for comedy. I had fun with them and really liked them, which only grew as half aren't even one-shot characters and can appear at random.

Overall: I stalled it a while back as I got tired of it but when I returned to it years later, I just rocketed forward. It's charming but went too fast when I restarted it. It's not a series that should be marathoned, but one to be read now and then, a volume here and there so it wouldn't get wearisome and overstay it's welcome. A real solid series overall and one that should be checked out.

8.5/10 story
8.5/10 characters
dragonslayer1516's avatar By dragonslayer1516 on Jun 9, 2014

it was a verry good story where it made u laugh a lot and it also made u tear up here and there but i liked it. so u if u enjoy this kind of manga u should read it