Ai Hime - Ai to Himegoto

cloudruler116's avatar By cloudruler116 on Feb 22, 2010

This was borderline hentai. i mean really? Why would they think a story about an uncle boning his little niece is good material. This just makes me sick. I guess this was for the Japanese redneck community.

Rebkkah's avatar By Rebkkah on May 8, 2013

Beginning with that 'love at first sight' moment, the author takes us on a journey of a young couple falling in love and getting to know each other. With the cute and uncertain female lead and the cool, seemingly uninterested male lead, this would seem to be your typical young love romance story. However, the superficial relation between the two main characters adds a 'forbidden' aspect to the story. Whilst some may find the 'uncle' relationship off-putting, given this tie is so tentative and there is no blood bond, I can't really see any problem (he only lived with her father for a year before he got married and left). I admit it's a bit strange that there was no one really against the relationship in the end, but perhaps this is a cultural thing?

Whilst this is a lovely story, it doesn't really pull at your heart. Never the less, I would recommend as a light read for anyone who enjoys the genre.