A Bride's Story

Alt title: Otoyomegatari

Though it may seem weird that the girl's much older than the guy, with the guy being on his early stage of adolesence still. It's not, I assure you. As you read on, you won't feel any of that at all. In fact, their relationship may even be described as something innocent.

I really like how this manga depicted a scene of arranged marriage. Because in a place where arranged marriage is like a natural thing, trust me, girls most of the times doesn't violently complain but calmly accepts the invitation, and would calmly refuses if allowed by their parents or accepts if she doesn't find anything wrong with it.

I love how the manga didn't show the usual problems people who can't relate thinks happens in these kinds of arrangements. Because in our community, people involved in an arranged marriage doesn't dwell on things that outsiders would have problems on, things like them being strangers or whatnot. Both party usually accpets silently and go with the flow of things; just like what happened in this manga.

I really love the additional wisdom talks though and the innuendos. I love the art and the designs of the carpets and sort-of comforters in the story.