Tower Of God

Did anyone else read the editors note at the end of the chapter about people not liking that the tournaments are not just about fighting?

I could not disagree more. Creating an infinite world is impressive, but the amount of crazy no loophole games the author comes up with is amazing. They are all so damn unique.

Did anyone else read the editors note at the end of the chapter about people not liking that the tournaments are not just about fighting?

I could not disagree more. Creating an infinite world is impressive, but the amount of crazy no loophole games the author comes up with is amazing. They are all so damn unique.

Felt the need t tag this even though its very vaque. Sorry again Spacedaigun.
Yeah I never understood that mentality, the thought that goes into the games is very much appreciated and makes the experience that much more exciting. I'd much rather see how things pan out with these unique games, games that actually test participants on a multitude of areas than some a beefed-up shounen pewpew laZorz shout fest. There will be plenty of actual fighting it seems which the action-heads can fap over, but how it plays out will pander to those who like the survival game genre as well as those who appreciate when an author adds complexity to his world but still manages to maintain that believability in the outcome while keeping the events interesting.

That is what has kept my interest in ToG, as well as the unpredictability of the story. And that sexy Androssi dress panel. And Rakleader's crazy antics. And about 200 other reasons I wont list here because of how long it'll be :love:

Felt the need t tag this even though its very vaque. Sorry again Spacedaigun.
Yeah I never understood that mentality, the thought that goes into the games is very much appreciated and makes the experience that much more exciting. I'd much rather see how things pan out with these unique games, games that actually test participants on a multitude of areas than some a beefed-up shounen pewpew laZorz shout fest. There will be plenty of actual fighting it seems which the action-heads can fap over, but how it plays out will pander to those who like the survival game genre as well as those who appreciate when an author adds complexity to his world but still manages to maintain that believability in the outcome while keeping the events interesting.

That is what has kept my interest in ToG, as well as the unpredictability of the story. And that sexy Androssi dress panel. And Rakleader's crazy antics. And about 200 other reasons I wont list here because of how long it'll be :love:
It's alright man, just don't forget to put spoiler tags on any massive reveals!:smile:

^

Oh the spoiler tag was there... it was just missing about half of the BB-code as a last minute edit for some reason got inserted in between :sweat:

Actually, dragging Naruto into that is kinda unfair.
The first "season" of Naruto has a lot of awesome strategy stuff in it. It's pretty much why Shikamaru is such a beloved character.
Unfortunately this became less and less so in Shippuuden.

Unfair is that shitty shows like that, One Piece and Bleach get hundreds of episodes and things i like only get one season/cancelled.

*rages*

Either learn to love generic moe-fests and mindless pewpew power up manly laser fests or prepare your self for constant disappointment in your fellow human beings.

This is evidenced by SIU getting enough of criticism of how he has been taking the tournament games and making them unique and interesting, to actually warrant a spot in the author's notes to go over the topic. He gave us 1 straight-forward fight in the middle of a more strategic tournament fight
Anak v. Ren during the foam bat in the hole game
and now people want more simple shonen fights.

Its a sad day my friend. Imagine if ToG got an anime, with AoT's sales numbers I'd like to imagine ToG would do well but you never know with the general otaku population. The fact that there is a decent chance a perfectly adapted ToG wouldn't make it past 2 cours is very troubling.

The problem is that while Korea has several animation studios, most of them do only outsourced work.
They apparently don't have as robust an animation industry as Japan, which really says something.
And it's a shame too since they can do really marvelous animation, like the Avatar series which was mostly animated in Korea.

It most likely is because they just don't have a national market for it beyond kids' cartoons, and getting significant foreign sales would probably be pretty much impossible.
While I know they have a manhwa industry, it is nowhere near as large as the powerhouses in Japan, meaning there's not much to adapt that will already be quite well-known within the country.

There's about 120 studios in the country of various sizes, and they all mostly just compete for foreign contracts.
The Korean manhwa industry would probably have to become more powerful before we could hope for any anime.
And any Japanese studio somehow getting the idea of adapting a Korean series(HIGHLY doubtful), would probably be changing quite a lot of things to make it fit a Japanese audience anyways, so eventhen you shouldn't hope for clean adaptations.
Names, cultural expressions, etc

North-Korea knows their shit though.

And i don't know how a studio would go about adapting ToG. It would need more than two cours for season one alone if you were to do it properly. Being Korean it's not going to get animated anyway. I wouldn't take AoT's sales as an indicator of how well ToG would do to be honest, it's a far less intelligent, and deep story. A lot of its fans would probably get bored of dialogue in ToG and fuck off somewhere!

I meant that both have a large fanbase and can easily get the hype despite many still not knowing about them, and a hyped up series adapted well can do very well in sales, as in sometimes the general otaku populace has taste. Yes ToG is a different kind of clever (and much more so than AoT) but I thought there were enough similarities at least with their situations to make a comparison.

It probably is a stretch though to make that comparison and be accurate with my point /shrug

Doesn't change the fact that the anime community at large has greatly disappointed me before, and ToG has the potential to be a kickass anime yet still be overlooked.

I meant that both have a large fanbase and can easily get the hype despite many still not knowing about them, and a hyped up series adapted well can do very well in sales, as in sometimes the general otaku populace has taste. Yes ToG is a different kind of clever (and much more so than AoT) but I thought there were enough similarities at least with their situations to make a comparison.

It probably is a stretch though to make that comparison and be accurate with my point /shrug

Doesn't change the fact that the anime community at large has greatly disappointed me before, and ToG has the potential to be a kickass anime yet still be overlooked.
One the grand scheme of things ToG has a measly fanbase compared to most things that it would make sense business-wise to make instead.
Doesn't help that the core of the fanbase is Korean.
There's happy fantasies, and then there's business decisions, and this one doesn't seem to make much sense, nor is there really any reason it should come into the radar of the people who make decisions. Can't overlook what doesn't even come into your field of vision.
Maybe something could change if Siu would try to sell English volumes somehow.

If people would stop throwing their money by the bag-full at all that moe-garbage that comes out season after season... usually with only minor tweaks to the formula if there are any at all... This is why we can't have nice things.

Ok it still would be a major stretch and I'm fantasizing... we need more people pimping this out to all the un-initiated until there is a decent sized market for this.

And I would totally buy ToG volumes, oh Haruhi this needs to happen. Why won't this happen?! SIU needs to do a Kickstarter.

If people would stop throwing their money by the bag-full at all that moe-garbage that comes out season after season... usually with only minor tweaks to the formula if there are any at all... This is why we can't have nice things.
ygnsait.jpg

And I would totally buy ToG volumes, oh Haruhi this needs to happen. Why won't this happen?! SIU needs to do a Kickstarter.
I think publisher and resupply is the problem. It's not like a small kickstarter would allow him to sell volumes to stores all over the world.
And selling volumes in several languages is not a very common thing for webcomics, even if the volumes were only to be sold through some webstore.
Just a kickstarter good enough to get Korean volumes printed would most likely be costly, especially if then trying to have English on top of it.
Don't see any reason he shouldn't try though.

Also, I see you adopting my Haruhi gimmick.
:cereal:
:drinking:

Back